Mammoth Sign Crawford

Discussion in 'Colorado Mammoth Forum' started by MaMmOtH_rOcKs03, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Jake Clawson

Jake Clawson Active Member

As always, I never know what to think when somebody new and "big" is brought in. First off, it means at least one of the established guys is going to have to sit or be cut. And secondly, there's always the question of how the new player will fit into the Mammoth equation. Even if I was well-versed in the player (which I never am), it always seems like something of a crap shoot whether or not these established-but-new-to-the-squad players will "mesh" with the team. Hopefully, he'll click and we'll see an uptick in scoring this year.

JC

2. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

perhaps nbw will sign westervelt as he is also a ufa

3. laxboxgoalie

laxboxgoalie New Member

Should be a great pickup for Colorado they know have 3 good offensive righties with Crawford, Noble and Westrevelt. With no pick till the 4th round there is no other way too upgrade there roster from last season.

4. 1sttimelongtime

1sttimelongtime Active Member

I believe it would be a long shot for him to leave a west contender for an east non contender. Dont picture that being his style

5. silvanthalas

silvanthalas Active Member

Well, there's going to be plenty of competition for the righties. Crawford and Mat MacLeod signed. Burke, Flint, Noble, Westervelt (UFA) all played last year, but I don't think any are under contract yet for the coming season. There's also the possibility of field player Eric Law (hurt last season), although I doubt he would crack the roster.

Edit: Law had to have surgery on his foot last week, so he was going to miss the entire 2016 NLL season anyway.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2015
  6. laxboxgoalie

laxboxgoalie New Member

The Mammoth made two nice signings today in Greg Dowling and Mike Mallory (Righty Offensive). Getting an solid D guy in Dowling with a little more size than some of there players from last year. Mallory will push the righties as well, he had a great season producing points for Chris Gill Maple Ridge Burrads without Dickson in the lineup finished T10 in the league in scoring and is willing to do the dirty stuff on offensive as well. Be interesting what the coaches plans are with Mallory with playing for Gill in the summer.