1. As of May 24, 2018 our Privacy Policy and User Agreement have been updated.
    Dismiss Notice

Mann Cup 2015: Peterborough Lakers vs Victoria Shamrocks

Discussion in 'BCLA Forum' started by Rottenrocker, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker Member

The battered and bruised Lakers only have a few days of rest before taking on a well rested Shamrocks team in Game 1 on Friday night. After knocking off the 2x defending Mann Cup champions Six Nations Chiefs in a thrilling 7 game series for the MSL crown, the Lakers have a tough task in front of them.

Shamrocks in 7.

2. New Fan

New Fan Active Member

While congrats to Peterbourgh hope to see the Shamrocks kick their butts in front of what will be a wild Victoria crowd.

3. Crabman19

Crabman19 Active Member

'borough looked deep in all areas plus very hungry to get back to the Mann Cup. Shamocks have their toughest test of the year, hoping they can end their and the wla's 10 year Mann Cup drought.

4. Boy-Gorge

Boy-Gorge Member

You don't really get a better Mann Cup than this one. Both teams are loaded on offense and defense. Both goalies in this series are arguably the #1 and #2 in the game right now. Both are finalists for NLL goalie of year at least and Vinc has won everything there is to win except a Mann Cup. This is going to be great. I'm hoping for 7 games but I think I'll pick Victoria in 6. If they don't win game 1 though then I'll quickly shift that opinion to Lakers winning. Game 1 is huge for Victoria. Well, both teams need game 1 but Victoria has to take advantage of the Lakers coming off of short rest and travel. I don't know when the Lakers are leaving for Victoria but I wouldn't be surprised if some are travelling on game day due to work schedules. Going to be an awesome Mann Cup. Should be a good portion of Lakers fans making the trip too. Hope we get 6 or 7 games. Anything less will be dissappointing.

5. Crabman19

Crabman19 Active Member

got my tickets for game 1 and 2 today. Thinking game 1 might be a bit sluggish with PB coming off tough series and travel and Vic sitting around for 2 weeks. They only had standing room tix left for Fridays game 1 this morning.....should be a full house! Too bad they aren't playing in the big arena downtown like they did for the late 90's Mann cup wins...

6. Boy-Gorge

Boy-Gorge Member

7. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker Member

Shamrocks win 8-6 and take Game 1 of the series. Bold and Vinc put on a goaltending clinic and despite having battled the Six Nation Chiefs a few days before, Boro came out to play and it was back and forth action all night. Loved it!

Expect Game 2 to be a lot more intense after the shoving between the Vic/Boro players after the MVP awards.

8. Crabman19

Crabman19 Active Member

good crowd and atmosphere at the Q center tonight for game 1. Shamrocks offense actually looked pretty good despite having 2 weeks of rust and hitting about 5 posts throughout the game and Karson going 0-3 on breakaways. Thought reffing was not great for either team, never seen either of the 2 officials before. As was mentioned above, goaltending was very good as we expected. I expect to see a much sharper PB team tomorrow night for game 2.

9. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker Member

Lakers win 14-7 in a crazy, penalty filled Game 2. We now have a series ladies and gentlemen!

Game 3 on Monday night is going to be even more feisty. Can't wait! :boxing:

10. Crabman19

Crabman19 Active Member

The Shamrocks were horrible from start to finish last night. The series got a little tougher.....but where did the number 1 and 2 point getters in the WLA this season go? oh ya...1 goal on 21 shots combined is not going to get it done, Duch looked like he was sulking all night. Rocks have to keep pushing the transition, and I'd like to see DDD be a bit more selfish and shoot more. Shamrock PP was another weak point, if you can't make PB pay when they take all those penalties then you are not going to win. I feel sorry for you East guys, if that is the best ref you can send over then your whole officiating is a joke.

11. shammies

shammies New Member

what is a joke is with all the refs out there that they use a guy from Victoria to ref in Pepper,no way should he be used in the mann cup with Victoria playing in it,lots of other refs out there that could be doing it.

12. thegreenbastard

thegreenbastard Active Member

Both refs were from the WLA last night... Pepper and Williams are BC guys.... the 3rd ref, Blair Ferguson is the eastern Ref

13. Crabman19

Crabman19 Active Member

Well, that's my mistake then. I wrongly assumed because I've never seen that guy before he had to have been from the east....but whatever, he was still horrible.

14. New Fan

New Fan Active Member

Watched the game last night on pay for view and was hoping for a big win for the Shamrocks after squeeking out a close game 1 victory for what must be a tired Lakers team who had a hard fought series and then had to travel. Well, that was a crap kicking in your own building, giving up 14 goals. Wasn't impressed the Shamrocks D and thought the 4 Roughnecks D guys would at least have a handle on two of their Laker teammates. Not very tough man on man D. Had a buddy of mine tell me the refs on the Island are pretty well homers in any sport that is played over there. Hope refs don't impact the game too much. Better be a big bounce back by the Shamrocks on Monday.

15. shammies

shammies New Member

This is why Pepper should not be doing the series,he is a homer, from Victoria,played there also.

16. Crabman19

Crabman19 Active Member

You 2 guys may think Pep is a homer, but I'll tell you whatever you think he pales in comparison to the homer officiating we get back east. look up game 7 of the 2002 Mann Cup, that bum Fox made sure no team from the west would win the cup in the east. Were you guys even interested in lax back then? lol

Anyways, enough about the refs...they are not the reason they lost last night. The Shamrocks got out-worked and PB had their best players all produce while ours went Mia.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2015
  17. laxboxgoalie

laxboxgoalie New Member

True statement the reffing last night I actual thought Pepper and Williams reffed a solid game by keeping it somewhat under control as it could have got real ugly. Do I think Pepper is the best no but all we have heard about all year in BC is how shitty the reffing is, I do believe that Pepper is one of the better refs in the WLA as there are a lot that are terrible.

As well if you saw what Casey Cook said on twitter about the situation with Eastern refs it does not shock me any time you think one of them has screwed over an Western team as it has happened many of times.

18. New Fan

New Fan Active Member

Crabman19 don't know any of the refs out on the coast. Simply commenting that a friend said over the years you always get suspect refing on the Island and not just in lacrosse. My only hope as I said is hope the refs don't influence the outcome of the games in a negative way.

19. FAN

FAN New Member

The reffing has had no impact on the outcome of the games. Vic is fortunate to not be down 2-0. One of the problems Vic is having is that Peterborough gets most of the loose balls. Another problem with Vic is their perimeter offense. Also the Vic D isn't stopping anyone with Yager McCullough Burton and a punch drunk Smith. Then after getting wiped for 2 and a half periods some D guys bring out the woodies scaring absolutely no one. Embarrassing. What adjustments is the coach gonna do correct any of this. None
    Same as he has done for the last 2 mann cup loses

20. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

The one Westerner that we always used to see for Mann finals was Crosato, who was hilariously one-sided.

What was funny was watching him paired with an equally homer Ontario ref, and having them continuously overturn each other's calls.

(funny to me that is.....the players and coaches must have been seething!)

I can remember watching Pepper ref Minto final games many years ago, and, figuring he was alright. Of all the guys I've seen through Minto, Mann, and NLL, I figure he may be as good as you can hope for.