Mann Cup 2017

Discussion in 'Other Lacrosse' started by roadrunner, Sep 6, 2017.

1. roadrunner

roadrunner Member

Starts this week at QPA. Who you got and in how many?

Bellies in 6.

2. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Peterborough in 7.

3. CrocodileLax

CrocodileLax Active Member

Head says Peterborough in 7, heart says Bellies in 7. Damn, gotta go with the head. Peterborough.

4. smurf666

smurf666 Guest

This Peterborough team is a juggernaut....I will be webstreaming as soon as we get to the first knockout game.

5. wacklax

wacklax Active Member

Bellies in 6.

6. BigDave

BigDave Active Member

Bellies take game 1 12 - 10.

7. wacklax

wacklax Active Member

Helluva game. Evans(88) is such a douche. Threw himself face first into the glass with two seconds left to try and draw a penalty. Like I said helluva game.

8. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

hate watching my team play against him, but, if my team isn't playing, he's my favourite to watch......including the cheap and fake crap in garbage time

9. CrocodileLax

CrocodileLax Active Member

Can't stand the prick, in any circumstance. Bet he throws hot coffee on himself at Tim's, hoping he'll get a freebie for his pain.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
    RockStar likes this.
  10. Crabman19

Crabman19 Active Member

Nice to see the 'Bellies draw first blood...might have to catch game 2 tonight on the tube.

11. AmericanRockFan

I haven't been able to watch any games since I've been traveling, but I see the Salmon Bellies are up 2-0. Also, do they play a full 10 minute overtime in the summer leagues or only in the Mann Cup? I didn't realize it wasn't sudden death until game one.

12. RockStar

OLA Regular season is 10 minute overtime (full period) and if it's still tied, the game is a tie.

OLA playoffs is 10 minute full period, and, if it's still tied, it goes to 10 minute sudden death periods, as many as needed. I think the Mann Cup final runs the same way as this.

13. AmericanRockFan

What about the WLA?

14. The Wack

The Wack Member

WLA is almost the same. Except the sudden death periods are 20 mins. I feel like the Mann Cup is that as well or it could change every year. But when New West lost to Brampton in that amazing series, one of the games went into the sudden death periods and I do remember them putting up 20 mins for the period.

15. RockStar

now that Wack mentions it, the sudden death periods might very well be 20 minutes here too......been a while.

16. BigDave

BigDave Active Member

Lakers take game 3 13 - 12

17. AmericanRockFan

Lakers took game 4 by a score of 9-7. If we see a game 7 on Saturday, I think I'll pay my $9.99 (CDN?) and watch it.

18. RockStar

Lakers bounce back in a big way. I will aim to start tuning in for Game 6, the first knockout game.

19. BigDave

BigDave Active Member

Lakers take game 5 11 - 10

20. RockStar

Game 6 is going to be epic......only to be topped by game 7 (if necessary).