Matt Dwayne - - - anyone know who he is?

Discussion in 'Toronto Rock Forum' started by torrrock, May 23, 2001.

1. torrrock

torrrock New Member

The Rock protected Matt Dwayne ... anyone have any info on him?

2. spud

spud New Member

Matt plays for the Burnaby Lakers Sr. A team.
    He had himself a great rookies Sr. season last year. Matt was also part of 3 or 4 Jr Laker Minto finalist teams '96-99 i think. Heres his Sr. A stats from last year. He was 3rd in team scoring

PLAYER GP G A PTS SH SH % PPG SHG GWG PIM
    Dwane, Matt 17 19 33 52 77 24.68% 5 3 0 8

Do you think they are looking to trade him to Vancouver?

3. spud

spud New Member

Seems that my original post is gone so let me try again.. Matt plays for the Burnaby Sr. Lakers. This will be his second year in Sr. Had himself a pretty good rookie season tieing for second on the team in points. He was a fullback in university football down in the states so at around 5'11" you can figure out how he is built and has LOTS of speed. Here are his stats from last year in Burnaby.
    PLAYER GP G A PTS SH SH % PPG SHG GWG PIM
    Dwane, Matt 17 19 33 52 77 24.68% 5 3 0 8

Matt was also part of 3 might be 4 Burnaby Jr Lakers Minto cup teams. Do you think they are looking to get something good in a trade with Vancouver? That would be my only guess as to why they would protect him.

4. torrrock

torrrock New Member

Thanks spud

5. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I wonder whatever happened to this Matt Dwayne guy. I can't find any NLL stats for him. If anyone knows, let me know cause this thread has piqued my interest. Yes, I am serious.

Edit: I see his name is Matt Dwane, with no 'y', and he played 75 games in the NLL between 2002 - 2006, and he did go to Vancouver.