Media Coverage

Discussion in 'Toronto Rock Forum' started by AmericanRockFan, Jan 12, 2017.

1. smurf666

smurf666 Guest

^^a few of those might be set aside for groups. :eek:

in any year where playoffs look realistic around game 12 or so, they really should try pushing a two game flex pack that comes with a playoff voucher.....which is also good for next year's game 2 in the event of no playoffs or not able to use.

2. 9SQUIRE3

9SQUIRE3 Active Member

or they just only charge you if the games happen. Great idea

heres hoping they can pull out a decent crowd for sat

3. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Considering they sell tickets through Ticketmaster, it doesn't seem like this should be that hard. I bought World Series tickets through my Jays' flex pack last season, but when the Jays got eliminated they refunded my credit card within 48 hours. I suppose some people don't mind having a credit put toward their season tickets next year instead though. The Rock do do that, right?

4. 9SQUIRE3

9SQUIRE3 Active Member

their current setup is to only charge you if they make games
    this really is a question of just starting the ticket sales earlier.
    I guess it is hard if they don't have dates. People would still probably buy.

5. AmericanRockFan

I'd have to imagine that the diehard fans would still buy regardless of the date being unannounced, as long as you're able to give a ballpark estimate of which weekend the game would be on. Maybe they could do some sort of "early bird" playoff price to reward those who can/will commit sooner.

6. smurf666

smurf666 Guest

For season seat and season pass holders, they partnered with Ticketmaster, and, they have set up an "all in" package where you agree to have your CC charged for all games as soon as the next game becomes necessary. Per-game price is about $6 more per seat than my regular season seats, but, whatever. Still cheap-ish for a night out, and, although I would have been slightly happier to not pay to watch NE or Georgia hand us our arses, it's still a local pro lacrosse game.......I'll go and enjoy.

Bonus - They are delivering PDF tickets electronically, so I won't have to line up at the wickets with all the deplorables.

For other folks, they know the weekend if not the day well in advance.....Given that there is some risk, and there is just about zero chance of sellout, no one is going to pay full price. This said, with a discount on offer, they might sell a bunch of vouchers if they offered them during home games 7, 8, 9 .

7. AmericanRockFan

Looks like they've passed the 5,000 sold/distributed mark. They've only got 2,596 to go to tie the worst attended game in franchise history of 7,743 versus New England on February 20, 2015.

For what it's worth, I think the worst attended playoff game in team history was on May 3, 2014 versus Buffalo, when they had 7,867 reportedly at the ACC.

8. 9SQUIRE3

9SQUIRE3 Active Member

aww man this looks mega embarrassing

9. AmericanRockFan

Just wait for the people on Facebook beginning the "Move to Ricoh" rumors ;)

But concurred. I think they'll at least crack 6,000...which makes me sad to be "optimistic" they'll hit that...

10. 9SQUIRE3

9SQUIRE3 Active Member

If they don't already I think they need to discuss attendance with other teams.
    Heck Calgary just pulled 18k and they are eliminated. If they can do it why can't we.

11. AmericanRockFan

The only difference with Calgary was that their 18,000+ attended game was advertised on the schedule for months in advance, unlike Saturday's home playoff game which no one knew existed for sure until 5 days ago.

I'd love to know if that Calgary attendance happened organically or if they did some sort of BOGO deal like the Rock did for their last home game of the season.

12. 9SQUIRE3

9SQUIRE3 Active Member

good points

13. smurf666

smurf666 Guest

Already selling season tickets for next year, so, I think we're safe for at least one more :)

14. AmericanRockFan

Pffft, the only thing that will stop a "Move to Ricoh!" rant/rumor is actually moving to Ricoh....which will then lead to the chorus pleading "Move back to the ACC!"

15. 9SQUIRE3

9SQUIRE3 Active Member

I like the idea of attempting to sell playoff tickets/packs before the regular season ends with your cc only being charged once the games become a reality.
    Short turn around for playoff games has been a problem for a while

16. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

we need to get our post season act together. first round games draw awful for a long time.

17. AmericanRockFan

I guess that's what happens when a league has very few actual diehards. The AHL and minor league baseball have the same problems cause the big companies who have season tickets pass on playoff tickets.

18. AmericanRockFan

Lowest attended Rock game in history by about 1,500..... I, a fan living in America, actually saw at least 2 of my friends on tv during the game tonight. That's how small the crowd was.

19. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker Member

That's crazy. What the hell?

20. AmericanRockFan

I question the logic in not putting tickets for Saturday on sale until tomorrow at 10am. Why not have just put them on sale today at 10am to try to strike the iron while it's hot?