Media Coverage

Discussion in 'Toronto Rock Forum' started by AmericanRockFan, Jan 12, 2017.

1. smurf666

smurf666 Guest

the box office was held open last night with a 25% discount, no TicketBastard fees, "tonight only" offer.

did not walk past to see the lines, but, have to hope that the few walkups that turned up last night think that's a solid deal.

2. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I'm in town for the Jays game next Saturday and am debating staying around for the game on Saturday night to the point that I almost asked a friend to stop by the box office for me to get me that 25% discount.

smurf666 likes this.
  3. unspoken

unspoken Member

There was some kind of discounted family pack for that game in Calgary. There was also a large crowd on the grounds already as there was some sort of comic book expo going on, hence the theme for the game being superheroes night.

Roughnecks home games vs the Rush usually have higher attendance as well. Lots of the old Edmonton fans go to those games as it's easier to go Edmonton to Calgary (2.5 hour drive) vs Edmonton to Saskatoon (5 hour drive). And there was also a few charter buses that came from Saskatoon as well for this game.

4. AmericanRockFan

Very sneaky, Ticketmaster. Making it so I can see which physical seats are available for Saturday, but not disclosing the total available per section....

Nonetheless, looks like this Saturday's crowd should trump last Saturday's crowd.

Anyhow, useless trivia after Saturday's bad crowd:
    • Worst two crowds in franchise history are both against New England (regular season low - 7,743; postseason low - 6,260)
    • 5 of the worst 12 "official" crowds in franchise history came this season
    • February 26, 1999's crowd of 9,012, which was the worst crowd in franchise history until February 2013, is now the 15th worst crowd in franchise history

5. AmericanRockFan

Looks like 5,671 sold/distributed for Saturday. I think they can break 7,000 but I'm not so sure they will. Ticket sales seem to be much more brisk this week than they were last week, however.

6. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

The Jays play at 1 PM, Toronto FC plays at 3 PM, Rock at 7 PM. Busy day in sports in Toronto could be a reason why the sales could be flat.

7. smurf666

smurf666 Guest

sports fans are a fertile group for marketing.

how about bring a stub to the box office - $15 best available.

even if you dont get a lot of takers, you will plaster the Rock name in front of everyone who pays attention to the bigger sports draws.

8. AmericanRockFan

That'd be a great idea to be honest. Maybe $15 is a tad low cause it might **** off the diehards who paid top dollar, but a deal like that would be pretty solid.

9. smurf666

smurf666 Guest

yeah, call it $20 then, and limit it to end and corner reds or upper bowl.

10. LaxBandit

LaxBandit Active Member

Too bad the Swarm are not still in Minnesota - it would have been a Minnesota at Toronto sports double-header as Toronto FC is hosting the Minnesota United FC.

Last edited: May 9, 2017
  11. 9SQUIRE3

9SQUIRE3 Active Member

looks much better than last game

12. 9SQUIRE3

9SQUIRE3 Active Member

Just noticed online that the rock are no longer selling the majority of the upper bowl...

That or they just sold an insane amount of tickets :p

Attached Files:

• acc.png
      acc.png
      File size:
      86.5 KB
      Views:
  13. AmericanRockFan

Hmmmm..... Interesting move by the Rock. With this new variable, I'm putting the tickets sold/distributed at around 6,745 at the moment. The lower bowl seems to have around 3,900 left, and the upper bowl had about the same amount left before this.

14. AmericanRockFan

So, IF the Rock have indeed sold out of seats in those blacked out sections, then it looks like they've sold/distributed 9,700+ tickets for tomorrow. The fact a few seats here and there seem to re-appear in those sections does make me wonder if it's legit.

But...I kinda doubt that's the case, so my estimate now is a little below 7,000 seats sold/distributed.

15. 9SQUIRE3

9SQUIRE3 Active Member

- no way they sold that many when the ones dead centre are not even sold
    - if they were sold i feel like the number would be a lot higher than 9700...

16. AmericanRockFan

My estimate would be in the neighborhood of 9700 cause of how many are still left in the lower bowl and the fact they don't sell the upper half of the upper bowl.

17. RockyMaivia

RockyMaivia Member

MAKING THE TREK UP IN THE MORNING. BE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR THE ARDMORE AARDVARK ROCKING THE SYRACUSE SMASH JERSEY OF JOHN ROSA AT THE LOCAL BEER GARDEN, ROCK FANS.

smurf666 likes this.
  18. smurf666

smurf666 Guest

that would be John Rosa, of the legendary 2005 champs, John Rosa?

that is one special jersey!

19. AmericanRockFan

I remember John Rosa for 3 things:
    1. Signing with the Rock the week before the season started
    2. Actually being a pretty good player for the Rock in 2005
    3. E-mailing the league the week of the 2005 title game to let them know he had the record for most games in the NLL without winning a championship

smurf666 likes this.
  20. smurf666

smurf666 Guest

glad he got his ring!

Solid depth d man, couple timely goals, and a genuine nice guy the one time I chatted with him at the post gamer.

cant remember how he ended up in Toronto. I think a free agent signing to help cover the loss of Steve Toll and Darryl Gibson.

different D than the Bartley era, but it was the scoring that year that put them over the top.

Last edited: May 12, 2017