Media Coverage

Discussion in 'Toronto Rock Forum' started by AmericanRockFan, Jan 12, 2017.

1. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

That was it I believe. He signed as a free agent late in training camp I believe. I just looked it up and he actually only got into 9 games in 2015, although the Rock defense unit was still pretty solid at the time even with new faces like Luke Forget on the team.

And that offensive unit that year was just ******* amazing. Aaron Wilson finished 4th on the team in scoring and still had 71 points!

2. AmericanRockFan

Come talk all the **** you want to me in section 105 tonight, tough guy. I'll be the guy who looks like a GQ model holding a program from today's Jays game in my hand....that I'm gonna beat you over the head with!

3. rockfan99

rockfan99 New Member

Hey @AmericanRockFan, can we get an updated bottom 10 attendance of all time list? I think the 1st playoff game takes the cake, no?

4. AmericanRockFan

Sure thing...

1. *5/16/17 vs. New England - 6,260
    2. *5/13/17 vs. Georgia - 7,329
    3. 2/20/15 vs. New England - 7,743
    4. 2/19/16 vs. Buffalo - 7,837
    5. *5/3/14 vs. Buffalo - 7,867
    6. 3/11/16 vs. Calgary - 8,178
    7. 3/13/16 vs. Vancouver - 8,185
    8. 2/28/13 vs. Buffalo - 8,213
    9. 2/3/17 vs. Buffalo - 8,314
    10. 2/17/17 vs. Georgia - 8,385
    11. 3/3/17 vs. New England - 8,477
    12. 3/12/10 vs. Buffalo - 8,567
    13. 3/17/17 vs. Colorado - 8,596
    14. 2/14/15 vs. Minnesota - 8,668
    15. 3/25/16 vs. Saskatchewan - 8,836

The February 26, 1999 home game vs. New York, which was the worst attended game of the Maple Leaf Gardens era and the worst attended game (on paper) until 2010, is now the 16th worst attended game in franchise history.

RockyMaivia likes this.
  5. 9SQUIRE3

9SQUIRE3 Active Member

If they want to drive in a ton of new season ticket holders I say they should run a promotion like this:
    for each season ticket you buy in the lower bowl, get a free transferable seasons pass in the upper bowl to give friends. The pass is good for a ticket to any game as long as there is availability and you pick up the tickets within X days of the game ( can still pick up on game day just not guaranteed then).
    More incentive for season tickets holders and you get more fans up top. Do this for a year or two and build up the base again. They know that the fans are passionate and want to grow the game. Give the season ticket holders a way to bring tons of people into the stadium.

I am sure there are holes in this idea, but I think something along those lines could work really well.

6. AmericanRockFan

I think a strategy like this is good, as is a "Refer a Friend to get Season Tickets, get 10% Off Your Season Tickets" sort of promotion. Maybe even some sort of "introductory" rate for first-time season ticket holders.

Again, there can be holes in these strategies, but right now they should be open to innovative ideas.

7. 9SQUIRE3

9SQUIRE3 Active Member

they already had a refer a friend and you both get $50 off your season tickets. I just felt that mine was a little more drastic and would target existing season ticket holders as well.

8. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

What NE did with the BOGO season ticket would really work well in Toronto. Heck, if they even did a buy one get one at 50% off, that would be a good deal.

9. 9SQUIRE3

9SQUIRE3 Active Member

That would probably work as well. Personally I would probably buy an extra seat if they did that.

I feel like it is the time for a drastic push to get more season ticket holders. It is not too late yet.

10. RockyMaivia

RockyMaivia Member

The Ardmore Aardvark says that a proactive season ticket deal could be just what the Rock need to bump actual attendance back up to the 11,000ish mark.

Of course when thy attempts such a drastic deal, thy shall be weary of pissing off thy's existing season ticket holders and casual observers out of fear that they may feel they're getting fucked in the arse paying premium wages for tickets to games.

11. 9SQUIRE3

9SQUIRE3 Active Member

thats why my original idea included existing season ticket holders as well.

12. RockyMaivia

RockyMaivia Member

The Ardmore Aardvark has never had the greatest reading comprehension available to mortal human beings.

13. 9SQUIRE3

9SQUIRE3 Active Member

I forgive The Ardmore Aardvark

14. RockyMaivia

RockyMaivia Member

The Ardmore Aardvark thanks the 9SQUIRE3 for the forgiveness and forgetting.

15. AmericanRockFan

Every time the song Tsunami comes on my spotify at work, I immediately think of attending a Rock home game. Not sure why though.... ;)