Minto Cup 2017

Discussion in 'OLA Forum' started by Rottenrocker, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker Member

JVI Sports just announced via Twitter that they will be broadcasting the Minto Cup.

Alberta will be represented by the Okotoks Raiders.

2. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Looking forward to it. I have some local work obligations while it's going on, but I'm really hoping to make it up for Game 3 or Game 4 of the finals.

3. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker Member

Same here. My computer crapped out last year during the Minto so I missed out on it. Not this year though. Incredibly stoked for it!

4. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker Member

Coquitlam Jr. Adanacs will be representing B.C.

Have to wait until Wednesday night to see if the Six Nations Arrows punch their ticket to the Minto.

5. New Fan

New Fan Member

Enjoyed reading the article by Brian Shanahan on the 4 Head coaches, Pat Coyle, Andrew McBride, Patrick Merrill and Steve Toll, for this years Minto Cup in Brampton.

6. New Fan

New Fan Member

Just watched the Six Nations vs Raiders game on the webcast. A great high paced game with the Six Nations winning 9-7. A great showing from the young team from Alberta. No doubt the toughest team they have played against all year long. The Raiders play on a huge floor at Max Bell in Calgary and tonight they must have played on the smallest floor in the entire country which is tough to do with such close quarters. However, great effort.

7. CrocodileLax

CrocodileLax Member

I managed to catch much of the tournament. I'm not surprised the Arrows dominated. Hats off to the opposition for putting up as much as a fight as they could; Six Nations is just too loaded with talent. But many teams showed promise. Results could start changing in a season or two.