MLL 2017 season

Discussion in 'MLL Forum' started by Andrew GEA, Jul 13, 2017.

1. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

With the Rattlers having moved, I'll probably just check the stats periodically to see how the Rock players in the league are doing.

2. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

I do the same but with Bandits players like Josh Byrne and to see if Dhane Smith or Shawn Evans are giving the MLL a try this year. I think Evans did suit up for 1 or 2 games in the MLL between the end of Bandits season and the beginning of the Lakers season.

3. Andrew GEA

Andrew GEA Guest

The Rattlers seem to be doing better in Dallas. Kinda feels like the bitter sweet moment I had when the rush left edmonton, but im happy for their success in Saskatoon.

4. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

attendance is really looking bad this year.

5. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I honestly forget the MLL even exists sometimes. It's unfortunate, cause I like lacrosse but I never prioritize time to follow the MLL at all.

6. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

Right now, they're about 1,200 less on average than all of last year. The bottom 3 teams are Atlanta, Charlotte and Florida -- all Southern teams. I still don't know how the MLL continues to survive.

7. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Is it still Warrior/Brine's project?

There has to be massive tax benefit to the parent corp, because, there is no way they are breaking even.

8. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

hard to tell how good those numbers are since when pointstreak publishes scoreboard stats, attendance is 0 and is later filled in days later, if at all. but watching highlights and streamed games, they don't appear that far off. charlotte is especially dismal looking.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
  9. Andrew GEA

Andrew GEA Guest

Charolette is the only tenant at their stadium so I assume their not being charged too much past utilities

Atlanta has a new owner this year so we'll see how that goes

I imagine that at least one team will fold by the end of next season.

10. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker Active Member

For those who aren't aware. LSN is apparently free right now for some reason. Watched some MLL games last Saturday that were pretty entertaining.

I'd be all in on a Vancouver MLL franchise but I wouldn't envy the person who got the monumental task of trying to sell pro field lacrosse to a non-lacrosse crowd.

11. Andrew GEA

Andrew GEA Guest

I cancelled my lsn subscription a few months ago because I don't think it's worth the money. I guess a lot of other people felt the same lol. LSN is probs scrambling for customers rn

12. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

Charlotte is playing a home game in South Carolina this weekend it probably won’t hurt that 1,155 average they have

13. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

******* ****-dick assholes. I hope they lose 20-0.

14. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker Active Member

Too bad really. For a niche streaming service they do a pretty good job but the other hand I'm not saying no to free lacrosse either. :D

Update: LSN is now officially 100% free.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
    Andrew GEA likes this.
  15. Andrew GEA

Andrew GEA Guest

2018 post season begins tomorrow

4 new York at 1 Dallas

3 denver at 2 chesapChes

I think Dallas will will for sure but I'm not sure about the other game

What you guys think