MLL cananda

Discussion in 'MLL Forum' started by Andrew GEA, May 16, 2017.

1. Andrew GEA

Andrew GEA Guest

This is just a pipe dream for me but imagine if the Nationals worked out well and the Argonaut bought hem. Eventually leading to every CFL team wanted to own their own MLL team.

Currently their would be a Canadian/ north division and american /south division. 18 teams total. It would be pretty cool but I know the chances of that are 0%.

Just want to see who else thinks itd be neat.

2. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Of course I think it'd be neat, but is there enough available quality talent to field more MLL teams?

3. Andrew GEA

Andrew GEA Guest

I think to double any league the answer would be no. But over like 10 years I think it'd be doable.

Although to support so many teams the league would have to fix their attendance issues.

4. smurf666

smurf666 Guest

I'd settle for Toronto.

It might have worked here had they been able to stay at BMO and continued to get some TV exposure.

They were not drawing big, but, they got 5k plus to opening night and were regularly in the mid 3k range.

Sadly, with the FC getting a natural grass surface, they would not share with a lacrosse co-tenant . Nationals were kicked down the road to a sh¡thole of a second rate stadium, and, they decided they could not break even with what they could draw there .

Personally, after the first year, I only went to one game the second season at Lamport.......the thickwits forced everyone to sit on the east sideline for evening games, which has you staring at the setting sun. Very sucky. Voted with my wallet and watched box lacrosse instead.

(The numbers in Hamilton looked twice as funny, but, I never attended a game there.....)

5. Andrew GEA

Andrew GEA Guest

I feel like if they went to Hamilton a year later and shared Tim Hortons field things might have worked out !

6. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Referring to Lamport Stadium as "second rate" is giving that place a compliment. I think Fann Cup has taken place at nicer venues in the past.

7. smurf666

smurf666 Guest

half a mile from BMO on the map.

380 miles below in quality.

8. Andrew GEA

Andrew GEA Guest

I think if Winnipeg got a team it would start a chain reaction across the prairies.

9. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker Member

An MLL team in Vancouver would be great. They would more entertaining than the Whitecraps!