mll players data breach

Discussion in 'MLL Forum' started by dougm, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Andrew GEA

Andrew GEA Guest

https://web3.ncaa.org/lsdbi/search/proposalView?id=2568

NCAA bylaw 12.2

In sports other than men's ice hockey and skiing, to clarify that prior to initial full-time collegiate enrollment, an individual may try out with a professional athletics team and participate in practice sessions without competition conducted by a professional team, provided he or she does not receive more than actual and necessary expenses to participate.

It's deeper in the bylaw but there no issue with professional coaches working with NCAA teams and Vis versa (since there are already many in the MLL)

It sounds like it's a good idea as long as it does not interfer with the students schedule!

2. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I'm a tad surprised even that's allowed, considering the NCAA has some pretty strict and bizarre rules when it comes to what counts as a gift.

3. Andrew GEA

Andrew GEA Guest

Me too , but if you have been watching LSN lately last year the blaze played scrimmage against Kennesaw U and last week Albany played team Israel and Iroquois. Next week the machine play the buckeyes.

I guess with lacrosse at least the NCAA is pretty open so the MLL should capitalize on it because summer schedule isn't working

4. AmericanRockFan

I'm not surprised they let the colleges play against pro teams since it's not uncommon for MLB teams to play NCAA teams during spring training.

I'm just really surprised that the NCAA lets their kids actually tryout for a pro team while they're enrolled at school and that doesn't hurt their NCAA eligibility. Knowing that, I'm a little surprised you don't see some NCAA kids attend NHL training camps, although that shouldn't be that surprising considering camp would be going on during the first few weeks of the college semester and they'd miss NCAA practices for the upcoming season.

5. Andrew GEA

Andrew GEA Guest

Ya if they missed the beginning they'd probs not make the team or something.

I know here in Canada the oilers have previously used University of Alberta players for one off games because on injuries.

6. AmericanRockFan

The CIS has a different rule set. I'm not sure how long the former pros are eligible for (I think it's a case by case basis) but unlike the NCAA they actually let former pro players play collegiately.