Mosquito sucking my blood at 3x magnification

Discussion in 'Off-topic Forum' started by fishman10, Apr 30, 2012.

1. fishman10

fishman10 Banned

2. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

You've been an NLLMB member for two years and this non-NLL-related post is your first ever post?

I haven't followed the link yet (I can't) and am not sure that I want to because, at first sight, I suspected this was spam and/or some type of virus.

You might want to post some more relevant stuff to give us a sense that you aren't some nefarious entity. I won't follow that link until then.

I hope you convince us that you are OK. :)

3. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

I'll do it. I'll take the plunge and click on the link.

4. Wings-4-Life

It's literally what it says it is. Kind of odd... but at least it's not spam. :confused:

5. prolax1

prolax1 New Member

Or another "The Islanders are coming here because me and my tweets said so" thread.:D

6. gctales

gctales New Member

at least he posted it in the correct forum... better than most spammers...

7. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Is this guy eligible for Rookie of the Year? He's been on the board since 2010, but his first post was this year...

8. Mtn_Scott

Mtn_Scott Active Member

YouTube Spam. Trying to "viral" his "movie".

9. Wings-4-Life

Rather odd moive to try and get to go viral.

I give it 2 stars.

10. KOB#40

KOB#40 New Member

Now I am itchy after watching that!!!

11. the doctor

the doctor New Member

Well it's definately of the Aedes genus. Species is harder to tell without a microscope. Probably just cantator as it is the most common in the States and Canada but because of it's dark color and tinted wings it loks alot like albopictus. If that's the case, fishman10 could be in for a heap of trouble as that is a native SE Asian mosquito that has invaded parts of eastern North America in recent years. It carries many diseases including Yellow Fever, West Nile virus and Encephalitis.

Also it's female (males have "wiskers" and they don't bite...they are just alive to reproduce the species).

Now see if you can guess what one of my summer jobs was while I was in college.

12. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Yellow Fever: That was a good Hot Tuna album!
    [​IMG]
    I recommend Hot Jelly Roll Blues or Sunrise Dance With The Devil.

13. Mtn_Scott

Mtn_Scott Active Member

14. Wings-4-Life

15. Mtn_Scott

Mtn_Scott Active Member

There were at least 15 on my first search.

16. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I miss this fishman guy.

17. mooseantlers

mooseantlers Guest

This made me uncomfortable. How do you let that dirty flying hypodermic needle draw your blood for two whole minutes, it's almost instinct to swat the thing for me. I get eaten alive by mosquitos worse than most though.