Most Entertaining Hawks Team

Discussion in 'Rochester Knighthawks Forum' started by KhawkProud, Mar 31, 2018.

1. KhawkProud

KhawkProud Member

Outside of the 2007 Championship team, this years team may be the most entertaining Hawks team i’ve seen in my 23 years as a season ticket holder. Nonstop hustle, speed and effort. Great job guys!

2. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

They are finally playing to their potential and will be the team to beat to win the East. Maybe all those "fans" that jumped off the bandwagon will find their way back on.

3. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

how the hell did ohio state mot win it all? gillies, currier, jackson and the buckeye trio and you ask why was dawson traded?

4. k-hawksfan33

k-hawksfan33 Well-Known Member

Getting hot around the ideal time. My hopes are high :cool:

Although we can't afford for Vno to go cold like he did Saturday. I'm sure it was just an off night, but I don't have faith that Gussy could lead us to the Cup.

5. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I was surprised with how the Knighthawks rallied once they put that big slab of beef into the game. Luckily for Rochester, Ward had an off night as well.

6. chuckster

I was surprised Colorado started Ward since he played the night before in Toronto and Fryer had a great game against Buffalo which was the last game Fryer started.

7. chuckster

Although his sample size is small this year, Goodleaf has a better GAA and Save % than Vinc. And with the Hawk offense and defense, the Hawks would likely do just fine with Goodleaf in net.

8. Rick716

Rick716 Active Member

I've always thought Goodleaf is solid. He had a 1-8 record as a Bandit, but I thought he often played well when given a chance. Many of those losses were credited after coming in in a mop up role where Buffalo was behind. If the goalie comes in and the team is down 8-2, and loses 11-9, the backup still gets the loss. So Goodleaf is not as bad as his career record might indicate.

On the whole, though, the Hawks look tough.

9. UncleBenny

UncleBenny Member

Is it true that if we win this Saturday against NE, we lock up a playoff spot? My reasoning is that if we win, we get to 10-7 and NE falls to 8-9, which means they can't catch us with one game remaining. The other game we care about would be Buffalo vs Toronto, and either way it falls would end with one or both of those teams not being able to catch us either. If we win, Toronto already can't catch us with their current record, and if Toronto also wins, that would put them at 8-9 and Buffalo at 8-9, both two games back with one to play and neither could catch up.

As a type that up, it also seems like if the KHawks win and Toronto wins, we guarantee a home playoff game as we would be locked into finishing either first or second with three teams that can't get up to our number of wins.

10. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

Lol knighthawks 3 game swept by NE

11. k-hawksfan33

k-hawksfan33 Well-Known Member

Well it all comes down to tonight! I believe in this team. I really do.

LETS GO HAWKS

12. chuckster

You should and so should the rest of Rochester. There's no reason for your city to not support what the Hawks are doing.

13. KHawkTobey

KHawkTobey Member

Except that no one in Rochester knows the 'Hawks exist, thanks to our "local" paper's obsession with all things Bills. Go to the Democrat and Chronicle website right now - I'll wait. Count the Bills stories versus the Knighthawks. I'll give you a hint... you won't find a single story about the 'Hawks.

Can't wait for the D&C to finally stop publishing.

14. BanditsRock11

BanditsRock11 Well-Known Member

If you’re relying on ole print media in your city to be the single most promoter of the franchise, you’re doomed. I don’t get the obsession with Rochester and needing to be in the paper.

What’s next, going off a call list, calling everyone land line phones?

15. chuckster

This. You don't need newspapers to get the word out about how good this team is. Hawks fans need to stop thinking that the newspaper is the only way to do that.

BanditsRock11 likes this.
  16. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

The team is over 20 years old ,the whole they don’t get mentioned in the paper is moot, it’s 2018

They over inflated attendance with Steve donner for years with comps

It is what it is now they get 6-8,000 a game

BanditsRock11 likes this.
  17. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

love shanks. that kid is all about fun.

18. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

19. KHawkTobey

KHawkTobey Member

Good points all. The newspaper industry is on it's last legs. Even my 76 year old mother stopped subscribing! The point I was trying to make is that the media does, to some extent, shape reality. If ANY media, print, online, or otherwise deems something worthy of space or airtime then the public will feel that way too. The converse is also true. Rochester's local teams, including the Amerks, are suffering a lack of support from the media, and not just print media. It literally is "all Bills, all the time" in this town. If you lived here you would understand. While I agree that no team should depend on the media for free advertising, a little attention can go a long way towards public perception.

20. KHawkTobey

KHawkTobey Member

Addendum: Not to beat a dead horse, but a quick check of the D&C and Rochester's three network affiliate station websites this morning: no mention of the Knighthawks. Typical.