Most Entertaining Hawks Team

Discussion in 'Rochester Knighthawks Forum' started by KhawkProud, Mar 31, 2018.

1. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

NLLLOL.

Cirque du Soleil is, in fact, booked for five days running through next weekend.

Fitting that this farce involves the KHawks, almost destiny :D

2. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

I went to the black wolves home opener on DECEMBER 8th!!!! Why is this season not over like 3 hours ago

RockStar likes this.
  3. unspoken

unspoken Member

To be fair, the league did the same for Georgia last year. They said it was to not coincide with the NCAA tournament, but the reality was Georgia's arena was all booked up for various high school graduation ceremonies.

My hope is Sasktel Centre smartens up a bit and keeps these dates a little bit open in the future. The Rush are the cash cow for the building and deserve to be treated as such. They couldn't play yesterday because of some figure skating all stars thing that maybe 6000 people showed up to. Then tonight a Shania Twain concert. Next weekend is all booked for Cirque Du Soleil. Tomorrow's game is going to look like crap on TV. The Rush have been within 1000 tickets of a sellout every game this year. By looking on ticketmaster tonight, I'd say there's at least 3500 tickets remaining for tomorrow's game. Initially announcing the game for Thursday wasn't a great sell as lots of people drive in for the games. Then the sudden move to Sunday caused issues with people's plans for Mother's Day. Combine this with a late winter melt, seeding for farmers was delayed so they're working instead of coming to the game. There was also an issue with STH's as many people were complaining that you had to buy all three games for the playoffs instead of one at a time. The significant price increase from regular season didn't help matters either.

4. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

Because Sakiewicz has this grand idea that the same amount or more games over a longer period of time will boost attendance. Except this year, it dropped by an overall average of 43 people.

5. chuckster

They said that and it was a convenient excuse.

It's not like they didn't think the Rush would make the playoffs this year. They have each of the last 3 years and then even going back to the final years in Edmonton. My guess is that the people who run Sasktel Center saw dollar signs with Cirque du Soleil and because of routing, they could only offer them the 3rd week of May.

There's nothing going on at the Blue Cross Arena next weekend so they could host game 1 and then do games 2-3 in Saskatoon....even do both on the following weekend if a game 3 is needed. The choices are either delay it or flip the order. At least it's not a 1 and done series like when Rochester had the circus and had to go on the road.

6. RockStar

I believe Rochester '07 was one of the years where they bought time on a network to broadcast the final

No real TV anymore makes it easier to delay the start of the championship week.

PS - Attaway, Sak! Run a 6 month regular season to knock three teams out of the playoffs, and, if the finalists split the first two games, you won't even award the title until June 8 or 9 at the earliest....

7. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

June 2nd in Rochester. See y'all there!

I hope Jamieson plays so he can mess up royally and award the title to the Rush.

8. chuckster

I'd love to see Cody score 6 goals and the Hawks lose by 1 and then we'll be told they lost because he didn't score 8.

9. unspoken

unspoken Member

I hear ya man. I honestly don't know how well Cirque is selling as they gave away a pile of tickets to it at the Rush game tonight. It's the May long weekend in Canada next weekend and especially in Saskatchewan, that means get out of the city and get to the lake for the first time. Or seeding for the farmers. Especially with how winter dragged on into late April this year, people really want to get out. Last year's game on the Saturday of the May long (West final game 2 vs. Colorado) sold like crap because of this. I can't see why Cirque would do any better.

I really hope Sasktel Centre takes this into account going forward. The Rush are 100% the cash cow for the building. Unfortunately, right before they moved here, the building signed a deal with the Saskatoon Blades (WHL team) which gives them first pick of dates. The deal was for 10 years but one report I read said both sides had an out clause after 5. If that's true, they better exercise it. The Blades draw 4000 on a good Saturday night at best, mostly kids and seniors. Lots of liquor sales there!

Last edited: May 14, 2018
  10. chuckster

Looking at the TicketBastard charts, there are plenty of good seats to be had. And they're only configured for part of the arena so they're not selling the whole place to begin with.

With everything you're saying, it looks like the Cirque booking was doomed from the start. And maybe 1 or 2 shows would have been enough.

You can blame Shania for this past weekend's Sunday game. It looks like routing again came into play to book that show months ago.

11. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

http://www.knighthawks.com/Finals

There's a link in case anyone wants to buy tickets for the June 2 game. Since Ticketmaster claims there's no events in Rochester :rolleyes:

I blame Cody Jamieson.

chuckster and RockStar like this.
  12. RockStar

Would have never expected Cirque du Soleil to sell out - booked in for five consecutive nights means no shortage. They would have to offer some sweet last minute deals or paper the **** out of the stands to fill the place, even on the weekends.

Still, even the three consecutive weekend nights at ~half capacity might be a better moneymaker than one night of Rush. Add in the two weeknight dates, and, it's probably not even a contest......I'm booking this no matter what I think the Rush might be doing.

13. chuckster

It's not just 5 days but it's also 8 shows in those 5 days. That's alot of inventory to sell for tix that sell for $50-$120 CDN per seat.

But get this -- tickets for Rochester are $20 US and $15 US for the Finals. For the games in Saskatoon, they START at $23 CDN and go up to $71 CDN.

If the Hawks don't sell out their game in Rochester, Styres should just move that team because price will not be a factor in why people won't go. The people of Rochester don't know how good they have it with Curt Styres as an owner.

14. RockStar

I'm just pissed that the stupid one week delay means that I will probably not be able to make the relatively short trip to catch a finals game in Rochester, unless they end up stuck with the Friday.....busy every other day of that weekend.

15. chuckster

Hawks already announced their home game will be Saturday, June 2.

16. unspoken

unspoken Member

Perhaps you're right, I don't know the numbers. But I'd question how many people at a Cirque show are putting down 6-12 beers and food during the course of the show. When I say the Rush is the building's cash cow, that's a big part of the reason why. Alcohol and concession sales are massive at Rush games.