MSL Final: Six Nations vs Peterborough

Discussion in 'OLA Forum' started by BigDave, Aug 17, 2017.

1. BigDave

BigDave Active Member

Gm 1: 8/22 Tu @ ILA 8p
    Gm 2: 8/24 Th @ Peter 8p
    Gm 3: 8/27 Su @ Peter 7p
    Gm 4: 8/29 Tu @ ILA 8p
    Gm 5: 8/31 Th @ Peter 8p
    Gm 6: 9/3 Su @ ILA 8p
    Gm 7: 9/4 M @ Peter 8p

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  2. CrocodileLax

CrocodileLax Member

I think Peterborough will win in 6 (I hope I'm wrong). Six Nations remains a good team but Peterborough's hungrier and their roster hasn't been as depleted by defections/injury as Six Nations (they have more an of edge when Cody Jamieson can play)

I'm looking forward to someone other than Peterborough or Six Nations in the final. In fact, I'm looking forward to someone other than Peterborough in the final. Four years of the same final sucks. Thirteen years of asking "who's going to play Peterborough in the final" is just as boring. Something has to be done to even out rosters.

Grousing aside, I think the Lakers are heading back to the Mann Cup and they've been the best team in the league this year, so they've earned it.

3. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Is there anything they can really do other than instituting some sort of a salary cap? Mind you, the players in this league don't all get paid and if they do it's (my off the record understanding), done under the table anyways.

As for me, I guess I'm narrowly cheering for Six Nations since they have more Toronto Rock players on the roster but I'll cheer for whoever wins this series to win the Mann Cup.

4. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Is this going to be streamed in any way?... at least so we USA viewers can see it?

5. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Same question about Mann Cup this year?

6. AmericanRockFan

My understanding is that the MSL final won't be streamed. I'm unsure about the Mann Cup though.

7. BigDave

BigDave Active Member

I think six nations streams their games via their Twitter page. That's how I watched game 7.

8. smurf666

smurf666 Guest

Peterborough games used to be on the local cable access channel......if you can borrow someone's customer credentials, there might be streaming. A few years ago, I was able to stream a Rock preseason game televised by the same cable co.

9. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

They had technical issues early in the last series that kept them from live streaming and were posting games on YouTube after the fact.

10. BigDave

BigDave Active Member

Oops, yep, you're right.

11. Andrew GEA

Andrew GEA Guest

Have restrictions for players in NLL limit to having a certain amount on the ground at any time like 2 out of 5 players can be nll gives good development for other players too

12. wacklax

wacklax Member

These refs could never keep track of that!

13. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

the stacked Lakers and Chiefs teams of the last 6 years are why i largely dont give a fig about MSL until about this time of year.

now, for four to seven games, we are blessed with the best lacrosse in the world.

14. CrocodileLax

CrocodileLax Member

The WLA finals and the Mann Cup should be good too :) I do agree for the past few years the provincial finals have produced a more entertaining series than the Mann Cup; it is indeed great lacrosse.

Something has to be done to prevent stacking. Six Nations and Peterborough are the latest culprits; Brampton and Peterborough were culprits through the naughties, and Six Nations did it in the 1990s. There's a reason I've been at games with 40 fans and up to 10 substitute players on either side more times than I can count. Fans and players alike can predict the two finalists with 100% accuracy, every single year. Why bother showing up for meaningless games players themselves can't be bothered with?

I often wonder if it would be simpler to create two Ontario All Star teams and have a seven game final played in Peterborough after the MLL season is over, so that there are no conflicts with field players. No one else draws decent crowds, with the exception of a game or two in Six Nations. Bah!

Enough grousing. This series should be good, though I think it'll be less competitive than previous seasons. Six Nations has lost a step, Peterborough hasn't. There will be a few thrillers in the series though. Worth watching for sure.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
  15. Andrew GEA

Andrew GEA Guest

Refs just have to memorize player numbers , could have a separate volunteer at games to keep track

16. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

cause no one ever, in the history of this sport, put on a different number for a game, or part of a game. ;).

17. Andrew GEA

Andrew GEA Guest

Ya good point I guess they have to do one game suspensions for wearing a number that was not yours

18. AmericanRockFan

They could if the NLL players wore a different colored helmet or something.

Andrew GEA likes this.
  19. CrocodileLax

CrocodileLax Member

I've actually wondered if the best way forward is to mandate that players can't be eligible for the playoffs unless they play a minimum of 15 games or so in the regular season (rather than 4-6 right now; I can't remember what the number actually is). Knowing they had to sign on for a real season would dissuade many hired guns from participating, evening out the rosters.

20. AmericanRockFan

Looks like we have a chance for a sweep. If Six Nations is streaming game 4 live, I'm gonna try to tune in.