1. Our Privacy Policy and User Agreement have changed. By using or registering on any portion of this site, you agree to our updated User Agreement and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement.
    Dismiss Notice

Necks or Stealth - Who Makes Playoffs?

Discussion in 'Calgary Roughnecks Forum' started by New Fan, Mar 27, 2017.

1. New Fan

New Fan Active Member

Saturdays win against New England and Stealths loss to Toronto is going to make for an interesting end to the regular season. The Necks are one game behind the Stealth with 4 games remaining while the Stealth have 5 games left. So let's look at the games.
    Necks
    @Rochester
    H - Buffalo
    @Vancouver
    H -Saskatchewan
    Think the Necks could be 50/50.

Stealth
    H- Toronto
    @Saskatchewan
    H -Calgary
    H - Colorado
    @ New England

My bet the Necks go o-5 and Necks make the playoffs. Guess that's what Necks GM is banking on.

2. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I figure the Necks go 1-3 the rest of the way and the Stealth go either 2-3 or 1-4. I have the Stealth at least taking the tiebreaker, so I have the Stealth edging out the Necks for the playoffs.

3. Corporal

Corporal Active Member

I think the Necks get this one since the Stealth finish with 3 of 5 at home. So three losses there and maybe a split on the road. Necks get the game against the Stealth to even the series at 2 and win 1 of 2 at home to beat out the Stealth 7-11 to 6-12. Then the Necks beat the Mammoth again in the first round somehow and then get swept by the Rush.

RockStar likes this.
  4. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Cannot argue with the Corporal.......I have also seen that movie

5. New Fan

New Fan Active Member

Yep, that scenario is quite possible. Hard for me to say, but I'm hoping for Stealth to pull off the upset and maybe then the Flames organization will give the boot to the GM and HC so the Necks can return to the team they can be.

Roughnecks Fan #1 likes this.
  6. New Fan

New Fan Active Member

Well, 2 wins over Buffalo and Rochester the past 2 weekends have the Necks back in contention. Lucky schedule for them getting to play likely against 2 of the worst teams in the NLL. Great for the players to gut it out. Now comes the biggest game of the year to keep the playoff streak alive. A loss in Vancouver next weekend and it could be over as the Stealth have the tie breaker. Their last game against Saskatchewan while the Stealth would still play Colorado and New England.

7. Love the gritty performance by the team these last two games. I had resigned myself to missing the playoffs and hoping for a coaching change. Now will be interesting to see how this unfolds. Still wanna see coaching change, to make up for the crappy rest of season.

8. New Fan

New Fan Active Member

Couldn't agree more.

9. unspoken

unspoken Member

Next weekend's game is huge. The winner controls their own fate.

If Calgary wins, they make the playoffs either by beating Saskatchewan on the 29th or by Vancouver losing either one of their two remaining games after.
    If Vancouver wins, they make the playoffs either by winning one of their two remaining games, or Calgary loses to the Rush.

There is still a slim chance both teams make it, under this scenario.

Calgary beats Vancouver but loses to Saskatchewan.
    Vancouver beats Colorado and New England, loses to Calgary.
    Colorado loses out.

In this scenario, Colorado is the odd team out in tiebreakers.

10. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

Given past history, I think the last team the Mammoth want to see make the playoffs is Calgary. Even if the Mammoth get the playoff game at home, they will have their recent failures vs. Calgary stuck in their minds. And I wouldn't be surprised if the fans in Denver stayed home, too, for that game.

11. New Fan

New Fan Active Member

unspoken, didn't even think to bring the Mammoth into the playoff picture. It is possible they could be out. This weekend is the biggest game for all 3 teams.

12. New Fan

New Fan Active Member

Looking forward to this game tonight. Just looked at Stealth roster and Jon Harnett is listed on the active roster. Sounds like he is playing tonight. If so, the Calgary righties could be in for a tough night. Lots of extra motivation for Harnett to play against his former teammates and brother. Is this the night the Stealth win at home?

13. Wow, should be an interesting game vs. two foes!! Go Roughnecks!

14. New Fan

New Fan Active Member

Well, same old same old having watched the Necks vs Stealth last night from what looked like the best crowd in Langley this season. The Calgary O had the ball stuck in the sticks of the righties all night long, one player in particular while the Stealth O shared the ball all night long. Lots of cuts to the net by the Stealth O while one on one lacrosse killed the momentum for the Necks as the lefties were not part of the play. Nine of the 11 goals came from the righties.
    The Necks D gave up 15 goals, but that was due to the great ball movement by the Stealth. The D's heads were on a swivel all night long. Was disappointed in the lack of character and leadership when the Stealth made their come back when the game was 8-6. The Necks really folded while the Stealth ground it out. The Necks just don't look like a team that's together and that is on the Head Coaches shoulders.