New Arena for Saskatoon?

Discussion in 'Saskatchewan Rush Forum' started by Riders78, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Riders78

Riders78 New Member

2. Riders78

Riders78 New Member

3. MILLwasbetter

MILLwasbetter Well-Known Member

would be really big to have an nll featured arena. first of its kind.

4. Riders78

Riders78 New Member

5. unspoken

unspoken Member

As long as they don't do what's going on now and have a deal that the minor-league hockey team (WHL's Blades) get the first pick of dates.

I'm not anti-downtown arena but I really question it happening soon. The first question is where do you put it? An ideal place would have been the place where they decided to build the new police building, but that's out now. The only place I can maybe think of is the parking lot across from TCU place, but in order for it to work with the convention centre like they want, you'd have to tear down the current TCU place, and maybe the current location of Toys R Us in order to build a giant parkade, and have skywalks connecting the three.

The other hesitation I see is when the city goes to the provincial government asking for money. They're in deficit now and they want to get out as soon as possible. After overspending on the new Mosaic Stadium in Regina, I doubt there's going to be an appetite to fund another arena project with money from the province.