New Job for Keenan?

Discussion in 'Portland LumberJax Forum' started by Smackem, May 25, 2009.

1. Smackem

Smackem New Member

Just read on NLLinsider that Keenan is the likely GM and coach of Toronto. Does this mean relocation has become less likely?

2. nll101

nll101 New Member

could be he wanted out regardless. toronto is more of a sure thing... i would think

3. ND14

ND14 New Member

I doubt it has anything to do with relocation. Who wouldn't want to coach in Toronto? It's one of the league's best franchises, and it's close to home for Keenan.

4. Rockman

Rockman Active Member

Of course it is but why would Portland let the guy who ran the show go if they plan to continue in the league?

5. Smackem

Smackem New Member

That was my thought Rockman. Why would Angela let the GM and coach go if they were just relocating? Of course Hamley is out of a job.

6. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

Same reason they had him fire his staff last year the cost of flying him in.

I do think however that the Jax have the lowest chance of relocating of the in danger teams

7. JaxFan

JaxFan New Member

The Jax are not relocating period! It looks very apparent they are going to FOLD! Were in the freaking place you think they could go and do better??? Not Seattle or Vancouver thats for sure!

8. 9SQUIRE3

9SQUIRE3 Active Member

i honestly think they could do quite well in Vancouver

9. JaxFan

JaxFan New Member

Actually Vancouver had a NLL team and it tanked "Ravens" Also Vancouver is hostiing the Winter games and has MLS comming to town. I don't think NLL will be a hit there.

10. StealthDragon

StealthDragon New Member

It's been said before. The owner in Vancouver tanked that previous team.

JaxFan - you don't think Indoor lacrosse will be a success in a town that already has a half dozen indoor teams during the summer? And will be mostly full of those local players so people will already know the players they're watching?

It's not like SJ or PDX bringing a new team, sport and players to town. It's the exact opposite. When Vancouver gets a team they'll have local players, probably get Walt Christianson to coach, and hit the ground running.

But your theory is interesting other than that.

11. laxlove6

laxlove6 New Member

everett washington or victoria BC

12. 9SQUIRE3

9SQUIRE3 Active Member

they folded because the owner had serious issued securing a deal with a stadium in time

they actually had a nice growing fan base