new method for tickets

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Wings Forum' started by BenMitchell, Sep 10, 2018.

1. BenMitchell

BenMitchell Member

I was talking to the Wings today and he mentioned there is a new way this year of handling tickets. They will be on the Wells Fargo Center app instead of paper tickets. Very interesting.

2. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

This is the dumbest thing ever

3. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

ACC has done the same thing with Laffs and Raptors.....way too many double-prints being sold after the first guy got in the door.

4. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

Flyers offer that option as a main choice, but you can still get paper tickets.

5. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

Hopefully STH's still get real tickets.

Hollywood42 likes this.
  6. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

The Bills do an app too nowadays, but season ticket holders get a season ticket card to use to get into the stadium.

7. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

They said the NFL is mandating it but I bet it eventually makes it to Sabres and Bandits tix. Bills tix are on TicketBastard, Sabres and Bandits are on Tickets.com.

8. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

Is this an effort to cut out scalping? Or just a sign of the technological times.
    Either way I prefer a paper ticket

9. RockStar

fraud.....apparently there are huge problems with scalpers selling multiple copies of the same print at home tix

10. AmericanRockFan

I'm surprised it took this long for the potential and actual issues of duplicating print at home tickets to actually lead to someone trying to fix the issue. I've never bought paper tickets from a scalper for this reason.

On the topic of tickets, I do kinda prefer having an old fashioned game ticket, but when I had a Blue Jays flex pack I did enjoy having the membership card.

11. swami24

Are people really stupid enough to buy print at home tickets from scalpers? For any sport or event?

Vin likes this.
  12. swami24

Just received an email.today from the Flyers with a link to the new app. I will download, but not use it.

13. RockStar

Yes......so much so that the team decided that getting rid of this convenience was necessary.

I have some Laff preseason tix, ordered through TicketBastard.

I am about to go on an adventure to figure out how to use them on my phone......I rock a Nokia Windoze 10, and, I can guarantee that they didn't write an app for my platform. Might have to try to use my droid tablet for this, and, pray that the app software doesn't check to see if it is a phone.

Otherwise, might have to rescue a half-dead Galaxy S2 for this.

I have used phone tickets before, but, preferred the paper, because......well, I didn't feel like standing there like a loser if my phone picked that exact moment to have a critical battery fail, or brick itself......You can lose paper, but, it will never let you down :D

14. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

Very true I just sold tickets on stub hub If I wanted to I can take my real tickets and sell them to a scalper at the door.

15. RockStar

this new ruling will also make it a pain in the dck to distribute tickets for a group......I used to just bring em to the meetup spot, and, if anyone couldn't make it, I could just email them the PDF. I guess now, anyone I take to a game needs a ticket master e-wallet whatever tf that actually is

16. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

I could be wrong about this but I think the bar codes get changed for the ticket so if you took your real tickets to the gate, they would get bounced on the scan because your bar code is invalid while the StubHub ones would get through when scanned with a valid bar code. At least, that's how it *should* work but there are likely ways to get around it.

17. AmericanRockFan

You can also take a screenshot of your ticket on your phone in case the app decides to be a dick and not work at that precise moment. I did that when I went to UFC 220 in Boston where they mandated mobile entry unless you specifically requested they let you print out paper tickets.

18. AmericanRockFan

I believe you're correct. I'm under the impression that the bar code changes once you put the tickets on StubHub, or it does if you're transferring the tickets from your team's account to StubHub. Of course, that doesn't stop someone from selling fake tickets outside the venue since they collect the money and GTFO asap before their "customer" finds out the bad news :eek:

19. swami24

They are overcomplicating the process while trying to make it easier than paper tix.

20. RockStar

I do that, because, my trust of apps is minimal at best.

This is 'safer', but, still counting on my phone and battery not being a dick....

I like paper.