new method for tickets

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Wings Forum' started by BenMitchell, Sep 10, 2018.

1. WingsNut423566

WingsNut423566 Active Member

2. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

Doesn't sound like it will be required. Hopefully we'll still get real tickets mailed to us.

3. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

Nothing new in that story. They will not eliminate paper tix.

4. WingsNut423566

Maybe not this year.

5. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

thats the problem for the strangers I sold them to there is no way for them to know the tickets have already been sold. It is a big problem at many events.

6. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

I went to a Springsteen concert where all tickets were mobile the ticket taker had to swipe your credit card after they scanned your app and the whole party had to enter together. Tickets could not be resold and groups could not enter divided.

7. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Where was the concert? When I went to the Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland for UFC 203 they had a similar setup where I handed the ticket taker my credit card and then my two tickets popped out of the machine like a receipt. That's the only arena I've seen that utilizes this.

8. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

I think if they were going to continue to do it, they'd find a way to let you 'send' your electronic ticket code to a friend's ticketmaster e-wallet, or, 'sell' it at cost to them, and, then they can use their credit card to validate the ticket.....something anyway.

I last saw this for Iron Maiden 2012 tour , and I noticed it a few other times but, I haven't seen this in several years.

I think bands were doing it to kick ticketmaster and the scalpers in the nuts because, well, why put up with some other parasite arsehole profiting off of the band's name, talent, and showmanship, and, hurting the fans while doing so.

Respect to bands that did it for the right reasons. Sort of wish they still did!

I speculate that it has largely stopped for two reasons:

-Ticketmaster's partner agency, LiveNation, controls promotions at the A level venues......wondering if nowadays you don't play ball, you have to partner with a second level promoter and, play at second tier venues, and, deal with the lower receipts that come with that

-I believe TM may be greasing the bands with heavy kickbacks from the profits owing to some of the slimy business practices. An extra few hundred thou. per show might go a long way to making the artists feel a little less bad about what it does to the ticket-buying public. :(

9. RockStar

AC/DC's last trip to Toronto was also "scalper proof".......they played a giant outdoor festival venue with capacity far larger than the market.

Game day tix from scalpers were half of original list......got a ticket, T-shirt and a couple of BEvERages for less than the price of a ticket :D

10. BenMitchell

BenMitchell Member

I was talking to the Wings about this subject and they said they will NOT be offering paper tickets. They are 100% behind mobile. However, if you need paper tickets, they said you will be able to print them off the website. They said the Wings info will be updated on the app mid-November.

11. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

It just seems unnecessary for a league that pretty much exists on group sales to go
    Mobile only. I guess there’s always will call though

12. swami24

If this is the case, it.is a dumb decision.

13. WingsNut423566

14. RockStar

Get there early.

Was at Laffs first preseason game this year - 20,000 idiots all dealing with paperless ticketing, many of them for the first time. Lineups were ridonkulous.

Luckily, I used my "secret" entrance - ramp from the second floor of Real Stars that takes you to a small, underused gate at the 200 level.....Still waited too long, but, only behind 5 idiots, not 1500 :eek:

15. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

swami24 and RockStar like this.
  16. AmericanRockFan

Is this secret entrance available for Rock games?

17. RockStar

yes, but, when was the last time you had long lineups at the gates for a Rock game ;)

18. AmericanRockFan

I just wanna feel like a VIP :)

19. swami24

Let.me guess, that entrance is in a tunnel

20. RockStar

It sort of is at the end of a tunnel.

Attached Files: