New NLL Website

Discussion in 'NLL News and Rumors' started by AmericanRockFan, Apr 25, 2017.

1. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I gotta say I like the looks of the new website for the league. The only flaw I've found in it so far is that when looking at the boxscores for each individual games, it omits some stats that hardcore stat enthusiasts enjoy, such as loose balls recovered.

Other than that though, I think the new design is a big upgrade over the old layout.

2. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

It is a HUGE upgrade. They almost look like a real sports league.

3. GoodsOnSabres

GoodsOnSabres Member

Like the new site as well, but I had a hard time finding the standings

4. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

I want my hardcore stats. Content is king, just prettier pictures and less info..thumbs down.

5. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

6. Vin

Vin Active Member

You still have it; just not as obvious. "Stats Pack" which was there before still has everything. Case in point, yesterday, I could easily look up attendance. Now, I cannot. However, at Stats Pack, that is still available.

http://stats.pointstreak.com/prostatstext/NLL/leaguereport_15914.txt

7. AmericanRockFan

True, but for someone like myself who geekily has an Excelt spreadsheet listing the Rock's all-time stats on my work computer, I liked having everything readily available so I could just punch in the new additions quickly when I had a spare moment. Now I'll have to go on each player's individual stats page and tally it.

8. AmericanRockFan

9. Vin

Vin Active Member

You are preaching to the converted.

If I was wealthy enough to retire, I'd do it all (with help from you guys) and maintain all this data (and history) independently with a true database interface so serious analysis could be done. (Like investigating refs...)

10. chuckster

There's a tab that on the far right of the middle of the screen on the desktop version that gives you the top 3 teams in each division with an option to see the full standings. Not sure why they can't just show the full standings since they are only excluding 2 teams from the East and 1 from the West.

11. Winger86

Winger86 Member

Didn't they just change the site before the season?

Also, it was a little difficult to find the standings, as Goods said earlier.

12. Vin

Vin Active Member

Yes, because of the logo change which was announced just before the season began.
    I miss the old logo. :(

I think the new website looks good; it is definitely a better look and feel than the old website which I began to avoid. I'm with Doug - "content is king" - and we like data.
    Don't get me wrong though; for "selling the NLL", this is a better (much better) website. For we longtime hardcore fans, some of the functionality is either not there or more difficult to get to.
    Overall, I am giving a thumb-up at 45 degrees.

13. Vin

Vin Active Member

14. AmericanRockFan

I do too actually. This new logo looks like something that would've been cool around the turn of the century.

So all in all, we're pretty much in agreement that the new website is visually better than the old one, but they just gotta make it easier to find the standings and have more hardcore stats.

15. smurf666

smurf666 Guest

It looks like they fixed that idiotic scrolling scores thing a bit......that took longer to load than the rest of the website put together.....including the multi-media.

16. BlackWolves99

BlackWolves99 Member

I got to say I'm a fan of the new website.
    A lot faster and a bit easier to maneuver overall.

Also, there is still a way to get to the hardcore stats by going to the scoreboard and looking at the box score at this link below:
    http://stats.pointstreak.com/scoreboard.html?leagueid=230

I will miss seeing the twitter feed on the side of the website though as it used to have some interesting things from time to time.

17. I like the looks of the new website, but am not able now to see day to day transactions. I liked seeing who was on IR, PUP, Hold out, trades, suspensions, etc and really am bummed about that . Has anyone on the thread here found where it is now the new site, I haven't been able to see that?

18. Vin

Vin Active Member

I have to admit two things:
    1. The new website works better with my phone.
    2. If you dig deeper in it, it is a very good website. For instance, if you click on one of the upcoming games, it has a head-to-head stat analysis of the two teams. Also, with any table of statistics (such as scoring/goaltending leaders), each column is sortable just by clicking on it.
    What I wish the site had:
    1. Full standings; no need to "click to expand" when we only have 9 teams. Furthermore, that should be available from a menu.
    2. More stats in a format better than Stats Pack.
    3. It could use a little work at improving itself. For instance, "Shop". It looks like a menu with the only item being Tickets, but Shop itself takes you to a page of NLL-related vendors. I couldn't find a jersey vendor; maybe that is at each team's site.
    4. While I like the way the schedule was done, I always want the ability to have the schedule be in a simple table even if this is a downloadable item. Doing Excel analysis starts with the schedule being in a table...
    Anyway, I am changing my verdict: 1.5 thumbs up (3/4 each thumb).

19. Vin

Vin Active Member

http://www.nll.com/news/category/player-transactions/

20. chuckster

I went to the NLL site to lookup goalie stats and it wasn't easy to find. I clicked the Players link under the Stats link and was given the top scorers....in alphabetical order. Then way at the bottom was the goalie stats.....in alphabetical order. Why they didn't keep it the way it was which is the way any real sports league would do it is a mystery. :confused: