New Vancouver Name?

Discussion in 'NLL News and Rumors' started by Vin, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

I thought I read somewhere here that the Canucks were going to announce the renamed Vancouver Stealth today.

I don't have time and have computer issues, but I suspect if one checks USPTO, we can found out what the name and logo are before the announcement.

EDIT: I just checked and see nothing so far.

2. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

3. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Well-Known Member

A few people, including Marisa Ingemi, have tweeted that the name will be the Vancouver Warriors. I don't hate it but it's a bit generic.

4. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Well, that'd be interesting. So, if the Golden State Warriors of the NBA ever invested in the NLL, that takes out their ability to directly extend the Warriors brand although, no one is doing that anymore. The last Big 4 city with two teams of the same name I believe was the Saint Louis Cardinals for NBA and NFL teams (which is a bit ironic in a way because the NFL team started as the Chicago Cardinals, I believe, while the MLB NL Saint Louis Cardinals were always in Saint Louis).

5. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

6. WingsNut423566

WingsNut423566 Active Member

2:00 PM ET is the announcement according to Canucks PR

7. liveone

liveone Member

I was watching Twitter closely last night as the NLL and team accounts were posting pics of the new draft hats. I figured it would be just like the league to accidentally post a pic of the new logo the night before it's revealed.

8. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

While you're correct about the St. Louis Cardinals, I find this sort of thing is a pretty common practice in Europe. Real Madrid and CSKA Moscow have teams in several sports.

9. WingsNut423566

10. BIG E NY

BIG E NY Member

11. WingsNut423566

Well....

Attached Files:

12. LordStanley1893

LordStanley1893 Active Member

Yep because traditionally they were sporting clubs of the local area and offered several sports to participate in.

13. LordStanley1893

Seems too generic, it is one thing to be simple. I'll have to see what it looks like on a jersey.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
  14. WingsNut423566

15. AmericanRockFan

Maybe I wasn't wrong when I said that the blank NLL logo could be better than the real logo.....

WingsNut423566 likes this.
  16. AmericanRockFan

It'll probably grow on me. The "Weekend Warriors" marketing concept is actually pretty clever considering lacrosse players do have real jobs and are pretty much "weekend warriors."

17. LordStanley1893

Looks like a rush job. I think this is the 6th team with a set of jerseys that are primarily white/black. Reminds me of the late 90s/early 2000s NHL where lots of teams had red/black.

18. theSloth

theSloth Member

That's true, but the term 'weekend warrior,' always had kind of a negative concept. So, now that the big reveal is over, can we get back to the real issue? Which is Vancouver's fight for 9th place this year.

19. WingsNut423566

Better picture of the jerseys

Attached Files:

20. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

The logo is reminiscent of the old Canucks V... and the colors/shield are all Las Vegas Knights.