New Vancouver Name?

Discussion in 'NLL News and Rumors' started by Vin, Sep 21, 2018.

1. BIG E NY

BIG E NY Member

I like the name, logo and jerseys. Big league look and most importantly run by the Canucks.

MILLwasbetter, Vin and Dave S-C like this.
  2. wacklax

wacklax Active Member

Why not just take the golden knights logo as well. What a wasted opportunity.

3. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I don't really care for the shield on the jerseys. I think it'd be better if the jerseys only featured a larger version of V logo on the front. The lack of shoulder logo kinda is annoying too, but again I'm sure it'll all grow on me at some point.

I look forward to continuing to accidentally inaccurately call this team the Ravens in 2019.

4. Dave S-C

Dave S-C Active Member

Name and jerseys work for me. I like plain and simple - and loathe / hate / dislike singular, indoor socceresque names and garish cartoon logos, etc. Since Ravens was off the table, any new name could have been a lot, lot worse. So I can live with this. Heck, they might even see me shelling out some coin for a jersey, something I'd never have considered with the Langley Stealth imagery.

5. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker Active Member

I like the new logo/name. Definitely getting a jersey. Go Warriors!

MILLwasbetter and Vin like this.
  6. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/vancouver-s-national-lacrosse-team-renamed-warriors-1.4104380

The Canadian Press
    Published Friday, September 21, 2018 1:14PM PDT
    Vancouver's National Lacrosse League team will feature a new name and logo when it opens its season in December.

Canucks Sports & Entertainment announced Friday that the team will be renamed the Warriors. The rebrand includes a new logo - three gold and white stripes forming a V and W, bordered by a shield and with a representation of the North Star above the “VW” crest - and a new black, gold and white colour scheme.

The team had been known as Vancouver Stealth since moving to B.C. from Everett, Wash., in 2014.

“In choosing the name, we wanted to land on an identity that honoured the legacy of lacrosse in our province,” Jeff Stipec, chief operating officer of Canucks Sports & Entertainment, said in a statement. “It was also important for us to have a name that incited feelings of strength and excitement to accompany the dynamic atmosphere at NLL games.”

The rebrand continues an off-season of change for the Warriors, who were purchased by Canucks Sports & Entertainment in June. They will relocate to Rogers Arena in downtown Vancouver this season after playing games over the past five NLL seasons at the suburban Langley Events Centre.

Vancouver, which managed just two wins last season and finished at the bottom of the NLL standings, will open its season Dec. 8 at Rogers Arena versus the Toronto Rock.

The Canucks Sports & Entertainment's creative team worked in consultation with local Indigenous representatives to develop the brand. Representatives from the Musqueam, Squamish and Tsleil-Waututh nations attended Friday's announcement.

“Lacrosse has deep ties in the Pacific Northwest,” said Chief Wayne Sparrow of the Musqueam nation. “Throughout the process of developing a team identity, Canucks Sports & Entertainment was committed to honouring the history of lacrosse. The story of the Warrior's athletic and noble qualities further inspired the team's identity. The Warriors name acknowledges a meaningful history in many B.C. communities and embarks on a new tradition of lacrosse in Vancouver.”

7. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

logo is a bland syracuse smash. vancouver canucks have long been the doormat of logo and uniforms. it looks like they took their expertise to the nll. thumbs down big.

8. nickp91

nickp91 New Member

Colors are Black and Gold Reminds me of the Vegas Golden Knights and Vegas Aces a little bit

9. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Overall, I am OK with it. First, it's not a stupid singular name. Glad to see we've had "Black Wolves", "Seals", "Wings", "Privateers", and now "Warriors" without one new singular name. Furthermore, with this highly itinerant franchise FINALLY getting a plural name after almost 20 years, maybe its luck will finally turn around and not move anymore.

Dave S-C and BIG E NY like this.
  10. MILLwasbetter

MILLwasbetter Well-Known Member

Love it. Looks professional. No cartoon guy carrying a lacrosse stick. No rip of the Rush Colors. Professional, clean looking uniform and numbers that doesn't have any gradient or trashy current jersey gimmick. The logo is awesome. Kind of looks like the Vancouver Whitecaps a bit. The logo is a bit MLS in my opinion, and I would have liked to see the blue/green cross-branding from the canucks, but this is probably the most pro looking uniform in the league.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
  11. MILLwasbetter

I don't understand the smash reference here at all, they couldn't be any further apart in uniform style, logo, colors... can you please expand on this comparison?

BIG E NY likes this.
  12. MILLwasbetter

Looking at the logo a bit more, I will say it resembles the original Wings W a whole lot.

13. RockyMaivia

RockyMaivia Active Member

EXCUSE ME?!

MILLwasbetter likes this.
  14. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

I have to admit, on first sight of the new Vancouver logo,
    [​IMG]
    https://www.uslaxmagazine.com/sites/default/files/images/articles/vancouver-warriors.png

I immediately thought of a few other logos.

First and foremost, the Volkswagen (VW - like Vancouver Warriors) logo.
    https://cdn.freebiesupply.com/logos/large/2x/volkswagen-3-logo-png-transparent.png
    [​IMG]

and the Willard White logo used in the 1971 James Bond film "Diamonds Are Forever". (Willard White was played by musician and sausage maven Jimmy Dean.)
    https://pre00.deviantart.net/85f4/th/pre/i/2012/308/d/d/diamonds_are_forever__willard_whyte__by_wreak_some_havok-d5jz5jy.jpg
    [​IMG]

and the Don King logo:
    https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/544760388579901440/aX7olzoU_400x400.jpeg
    [​IMG]

15. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

Reminds me of the V symbol Rob Dyrdek.wears

16. Andrew GEA

Andrew GEA Guest

I thought of these logos:
    [​IMG] Winnipeg valour fc

[​IMG] new Philadelphia wings