New York Jets

Discussion in 'Off-topic Forum' started by sjwingsfan77, Jul 22, 2008.

1. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

Bretr Favre gaks it up in cold weathger? must have been the teammates.

2. ThunderTim

ThunderTim New Member

Actually you have that backwards. The numbers were teams from the West coast coming to the east coast.

3. swami24

Fox Sports, 12/14/08:
    "This year in particular, there is a decided advantage in favor of the eastern playing on the West Coast, with the Jets being a notable exception.

Seattle, San Francisco, San Diego and Oakland are a combined 1-12 in games played at least three time zones eastward this season. Throw in the Arizona Cardinals and it's 1-15.

The teams that play their home games in East Coast states are a combined 9-4 in games on the West Coast. Of the five of those eastern teams to have played at least two games in the West, the Jets are the only team with a losing record. "

Then again, let's be realistic. the West coast teams are Seattle, Oakland, SF and SD. Two bad teams, on pretty bad team, and one barely in playoff contention.

4. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

Well, Brett couldn't help the Jets. He helped them win some, however he certainly cost the team some down the stretch. Thrilled to see Pennington in the playoffs & knocking out the Jets. It called karma. Go Chad! (Sorry Wingskid)

5. sjwingsfan77

sjwingsfan77 New Member

I'm kind of sad right know, but i am happy for chad.I would give Mangini one more year but it will be intersting to see if Favre comes back or if it Kellen clemens at QB.

At least the patriots didn't make it either

6. Wings-4-Life

Yeah, it's always good when the Pats arn't around. Jets need to get Clemens in there next year. Mangini deserves at least one more year.

7. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

retire brett
    nice rubber arm
    3 more ints in a game that is for the marbles

8. Vin

Vin Active Member

To make personnel decisions for next season means we should reflect not just on this season, but the previous few seasons.

The Jets record over the past few seasons:

• 2000: 9-7, 3rd AFC East. Coach: Al Groh, QB = Testaverde (9-7)
      Al Groh's only season as coach; he resigned after 1 season to coach in college college team. First season of Chad Pennington.
    • Jets hire Herman Edwards as Al Groh's replacement.
    • 2001: 10-6, 3rd AFC East, #6 seed, lose to #3 Raiders in AFC Wild-Card. Coach = Edwards, QBs = Testaverde (10-6)
    • 2002: 9-7, 1st AFC East, #4 seed, Def #5 Colts in AFC Wild-Card, lose to #1 Raiders in AFC Divisional. Coach = Edwards, QBs = Pennington (8-4), Testaverde (1-3)
    • 2003: 6-10, 3rd AFC East. Coach = Edwards, QBs = Pennington (4-5), Testaverde (2-5)
    • 2004: 10-6, 2nd AFC East, #5 seed, Def #4 Chargers in AFC Wild-Card Game, lose to #1 Steelers in AFC Divisional in OT. Coach = Edwards, QBs = Pennington (8-5), Carter (2-1)
    • 2005: 4-12, 4th AFC East. Coach = Edwards, QBs = Brooks Bollinger (2-7-0), Testaverde (1-3-0), Pennington (1-2-0)
    • Edwards leaves to coach KC Chiefs, Eric Mangini hired to replace Edwards.
    • 2006: 10-6, 2nd AFC East, #5 seed, lose to #4 Patriots in AFC Wild-Card game. Coach = Mangini, QB = Pennington (10-6)
    • 2007: 4-12, 3rd AFC East. Coach = Mangini, QB = Pennington (1-7), Clemmens (3-5)
    • 2008: 9-7, 3rd AFC East. Coach = Mangini, QB = Favre (9-7)

While I have a vile hatred of the Dolphins which got worse yesterday, I am sorta happy that it was Chad Pennington who beat us. He didn't deserve the shaft he got from Gang Green. Like many NY Jets fans, I was sad to see Chad Pennington go, but happy to see Favre. I do believe that Favre was the primary difference maker for the Jets this year, so I hope he does stick around.

It's hard to convict Eric Mangini. Yet, at the same time, I don't see the Jets getting to the Promised Land with him as head coach. I'm wondering if the Front Office should go as well.

Parcells once again shows why he is Parcells which, sadly for Mangini, illustrates Mangini's lack of stature.

As for Clemens, maybe he should be given another chance - particularly if Favre is not back - but I don't see him bringing us to the Promised Land either.

Part of me wants to see the Jets rebuild from scratch.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2008
  9. Hollywood42

Mangini was just fired

10. sjwingsfan77

sjwingsfan77 New Member

DAMN!!! i would have give him one more year

11. Vin

Vin Active Member

I have no problem with that. The way he almost blew the game in New England with the unneccessary time-out was an enormous yellow-flag. (Thus, my tirade in this post.) Favre saved that game. The Front Office must've recognized that "Mangenius" really wasn't making an impact as much as Favre did this season - as Favre went, so did the Jets.

Knowing the Jets' luck, this is the best thing for Mangini who'll either go on to win a Super Bowl or a BCS... Look at Pete Carroll who I felt deserved more time and now Pennington.

The Jets are their own worst enemy half the time - I wouldn't be surprised if there's a curse.

I say do something crazy like hire Wayne Chrebet as a coach. Wayne is a well-loved figure in NY and he was a Jets fan as much as a Jets player. Having also been under Parcells' command, I'm sure Wayne might have something to offer.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2008
  12. Hollywood42

back when the jets beat the titans i had them vs the giants in a NY sb
    o my how that changed

13. Wings-4-Life

I don't blame this on Mangini. He deserved at least one more year. Most of the late games they've lost this year were because of Favre. Then again, I've always hated him.

14. swami24

Here's my prediction from 8/7/08 in this thread. I say tie goes to the predictor, not the house on this one. 22 Ints and 22 TDs. 21st ranked passer in the league, and no playoffs.

All hail the Swami....

15. Canadan

Canadan New Member

Bring back Joe Walton!!! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

16. Wings-4-Life

Cowher said he will listen to the Jets. I think that's the best move since Mangini didn't deserve to be fired. They can be a 10-6 team next year if they get rid of Favre.

17. Wings-4-Life

18. Hollywood42

yea then it becomes june
    and he becomes a pain in the *** again

stay retired for good

19. Wings-4-Life

Well, the good thing is I thin the Jets are done with him. That's what's important to me.

MY girlfriend, being a Jets fan, actually laid in bed and cried a little last year when he got

traded to them. So he can go elsewhere and ruin a different team.

20. Hopkins45

Hopkins45 New Member

This my hunch, the draft this year, The Jets in the first round pick, out of the University of Alabama- John Parker Wilson! Lets see if I'm right, but i'm so confident that I am right that I'll bet on it!