New York Jets

Discussion in 'Off-topic Forum' started by sjwingsfan77, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Hey, NYers are as bad as everybody else in forgetting key stuff. Favre did a lot for the Jets. First-off, he was an instant morale booster. His #4 New York Jets jersey was the fastest selling jersey in history. When Favre did step on the field, he quite often did deliver. Did he not win the first game against Miami? Geez, how many times did Favre actually bail-out the Jets? For example, do we not remember the game against and in New England on a Thursday night when Eric Manidiot called a time-out late in the 4th? We won that game, but calling that time-out enabled NE to come back and send it to overtime. Favre won that game for us in overtime with a good drive and a FG; NE never even had the ball. Indeed, the primary reason the Jets even had a shot at the playoffs was because of Favre. The Jets went 9-7 this year. They were, what, 4-12 the year before or something like that. I know other free agents helped the cause, but Favre was the biggest impact.

I was hoping Favre would stay because, even with the INTs and the shitty December:
    1. The Jets are famous for always blowing it in December and
    2. He's better than any other QB we have.

Thank God we got rid of Coach Eric Manidiot. That's reason for optimism right there.

2. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

do the jets sign a FA qb in leftwich or collins etc or draft a QB and let him battle it out with clemens

3. BCD

BCD New Member

Ordinarily, I'd think they'd sign another FA...NYC being a magnet for that and all.

But after the way the fans turned on Favre and the deal behind him being there last season? F 'em. I'd draft a newbie.

4. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

I'm very tempted to agree with you on that. I don't know about the crop of QBs available in the draft, but, if there's somebody really good, the Jets should do a trade or something to get a higher draft pick.

Are there any good current back-up QBs? Like Brady, Hasselback, and Warner were....

Is Testaverde willing to come out of retirement again? LOL.

5. BCD

BCD New Member

Gus Frerotte is still putting around, right? Brad Johnson mebbe? Jeff George could probably use a job...he seems to "come back" on even numbered years, though. heh.

6. sjwingsfan77

sjwingsfan77 New Member

I heard that the jets might get Mark Sanchez in the draft. I would draft a quarteback,but sign jeff garcia or kerry collins to start or to be a capable backup, Kellen clemens doesn't do it for me.

7. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

There was an active New York Jets thread on this forum back in the day? Wowzers.

RockStar likes this.
  8. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

And their QB situation is still a dumpster fire.

9. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Corrected.

**** them! As a former fan, I state: May they suffer the fates of a 1000 different deaths for signing the dog murderer.
    When Woody sells the team, their curse will be lifted.