NLL CBA

Discussion in 'NLL News and Rumors' started by fandit, Oct 2, 2018.

1. CrocodileLax

CrocodileLax Active Member

If the season doesn't happen, good luck sustaining the league.

If the league goes with replacement players (not that I think they will) many of the potential replacements may play on expansion teams down the line -- there are only so many lacrosse players available. How will the unionized players react to the scabs should any replacement players end in the NLL in the near future?

There's still a chance the league moves forward but it's looking like one side or the other's going to be pissed, whatever the resolution. That can't help the league's cause as a whole.

Nicky Sak, labour relations are officially more nail-biting than the game you want to grow :(

IAmDroot likes this.
  2. WingsNut423566

WingsNut423566 Active Member

The average fan wouldn't know the difference between joe blow and corey small, if the the league went the replacement player route. Get a drink and relax the deal will get done.

3. fadlaxdad

fadlaxdad Member

I would like to know if all those fans that say they are 100% behind the players are willing to put their money where their mouths are and cough up a corresponding increase in ticket prices across the board to pay for the increase in salary cap that it seems the players are looking for in the last offer? The franchise fees paid by the expansion teams need to be used by the league to build infrastructure and promote the brand. Putting a new transmission in your old Ford pickup doesn't mean you have increased the resale value of your old vehicle by the amount you paid for the transmission.

kabnt2005 likes this.
  4. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

I would. But, then again, I haven't attended an NLL game since the NEBW OT victory over Georgia in the 2016 season; the OT victory by Shawn Evans that I missed because of the fücking sweaty stinky mascot.

Want more money? Increase the NLLTV subscription fees. I'd pay more for that too.

5. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

If they are the Bandits fans on Facebook, no. They would want the players to get paid more, ticket/merch/concession prices to stay the same and the difference to be made up out the kindness of the Pegulas' hearts. :rolleyes:

6. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

League says it has presented its "final offer".

How do you save face if you go from that to accepting 10 mandated dates to negotiate terms that may differ from that offer? :D

Impossible situation, eh?

To me, only an idiot calls an offer "final" if they're not prepared to go with a DEFCON 1 FULL NUCLEAR option.........

.......so, either the board of governors is truly ready for this and they're just playing a PR game of chicken with the PLPA to try to get them to declare a strike so they don't have to declare a lockout.......

......or this ship is being steered by an idiot.

My money is on the latter.

CrocodileLax likes this.
  7. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

This had spinning stuff is perfect for the day Wingston debuted

Roughnecks Fan #1 and RockStar like this.
  8. CrocodileLax

My issue isn't fans knowing who the players are if replacements were used. It's the unionized players having to play on teams with the scabs in the not too distant future as further expansion happens (assuming the league resolves labour issues and keeps growing). The players will definitely know each other and that could get a tad ugly. Memories get long when picket lines get crossed.

Anyway, I agree it's far more likely that a CBA happens or the season gets cancelled. We'll see.

9. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

I’d pay and have I paid 70$ to sit 2 rows behind the bench in New England I don’t gaf about pricing

10. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I concluded a long time ago that the vocal fans won’t be happy until their team has the highest payroll in sports, goes undefeated, wins the championship, has a sweet victory parade, and let’s fans attend games for free while giving away free concessions at games.

9SQUIRE3, chuckster and CrocodileLax like this.
  11. Andrew GEA

Andrew GEA Guest

Says the people not attending training camps....

12. Andrew GEA

Andrew GEA Guest

id pay $50-$100 CAD a year for NLLTV

Vin likes this.
  13. WingsNut423566

WingsNut423566 Active Member

More from the PLPA.

Attached Files:

14. CrocodileLax

You forgot beating teams featuring Shawn Evans by 10 goals :)

An entertaining game (like those 1999-2006ish) for a decent price will do me fine ($15-20 for nosebleeds; $70-80 near the glass; a few price points in between).

15. CrocodileLax

I'm wondering if the success Nicky Sak had in MLS was him taking credit for other peoples work or simply being able to golf while wiser heads did better work on his behalf. Here's hoping someone whispers a solution in his ear.

16. RockStar

You know, I've been looking for a way to get some MILL-to-early-2000-decade-NLL level aggression and brawling back into this sport.

We may have stumbled into it :eek:

Andrew GEA, 9SQUIRE3 and CrocodileLax like this.
  17. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker Active Member

Needless to say JVI Video will be getting a bigger audience for their ALL broadcasts this year. I'm talking at least 20 people here!

Andrew GEA, RockStar and CrocodileLax like this.
  18. RockStar

Surrender 20 weekends, and put my body, health, and well being on the line for ~$20K per year or less ( plus expenses).......

......only to Have the league and governors welsh on a deal to share a small percentage of an income stream just because they finally collected a bit of money in that category.......after they spent 10 months dodging meeting requests.....and a few years after we swallowed a bit of a raw deal during some of the league's darkest years.....?

I don't have all the facts, but, I am kind of on the side of "fck the league and the board in the ear". They collected a multi million dollar windfall (Rochester and NY too???) and they are refusing to share a small piece of that with the only people that anyone gives a shtt about watching.

I could be convinced otherwise if someone made a convincing argument, but........yeah, meet the players a little closer to their position, please!

19. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

If both sides are making "final offers", this game of chicken kills at least the first week or 2 of games and likely more.

20. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

Geez, the only final offers are the ones that result in a contract or cancellation.

MrWilson likes this.