NLL CBA

Discussion in 'NLL News and Rumors' started by fandit, Oct 2, 2018.

1. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

Steve Bermel also confirms this on Twitter:
    According to @PGreggy’s sources, as well as mine, a new deal is in place and is just awaiting ratification from the players. Assuming the way is clear, the NLL will resume operations soon. #NLL #CBA

2. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker Active Member

That's excellent news! Now the NLL can go back to screwing things up on a regular schedule again!

RockStar likes this.
  3. R.J

R.J Guest

I may be jumping the gun, but screw it.

[​IMG]

swami24 and Andrew GEA like this.
  4. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

Just wait for some teams to lose home games with the revamped scheduled.

5. BigDave

BigDave Active Member

Oh well, if it means I get a refund for the lost home games it's fine with me.

6. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

Patience always pays off. I will not relax until it is ratified, but I would be shocked if it wasnt.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
  7. Torbald2895

Torbald2895 Member

For what it's worth, my buddy who works for one of the teams says they're working on rescheduling the 2 games.

8. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker Active Member

https://twitter.com/PLPAlax/status/1066475560421990400

#PLPA members have by majority vote ratified the tentatively approved deal reached by the PLPA & #NLL. We thank the Player Reps for their commitment & their fellow Players for supporting the Exec. Committee during these negotiations. Thanks fans for your support! #letsplaylax

Our long national nightmare is over (for the diehards who actually were following this unlike the media)! We have an actual season to look forward to now!

Andrew GEA likes this.
  9. swami24

Who official whoohoo! Game on!

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
  10. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

Damn. Was really hoping to push this off until after the holidays.

Tom Wersderfer likes this.
  11. swami24

One game is ok, especially this year.

12. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

Yay! Excellent to hear. This only hit the Bandits on 1 home game which should be relatively easy to reschedule. The game in San Diego could be harder to reschedule but let's hope the NLL isn't stupid about it.

13. Ziel37

Ziel37 Member

14. unspoken

unspoken Member

I was looking up some possibilities for rescheduling the 7 lost games and it shouldn't be too hard. 5 of the 7 games featured teams who a) have one or two future bye weeks in common, and b) the home team's arena is available at least one night in those weekends. The only one's that present a problem are the Buffalo at San Diego game and the Toronto at Vancouver game. The Toronto/Vancouver game could be played in week 13 on the Friday (Toronto plays in New England on Sunday afternoon), or in week 15 on the Friday (Toronto plays in Calgary on the Saturday night).

The Buffalo/San Diego game is quite difficult to make up. San Diego has a lot of stuff going on at their arena and it's difficult to get weekend dates. It would make the most sense to do it in week 4 but it would have to be on Sunday the 23rd. I'm not sure if that's cutting it too close to the holidays, but there were games on the 23rd last year. It also might present an issue since the Seals play the Mammoth in Colorado the night before, and usually Sunday games are afternoon games, so that might not be enough time to turn around.

liveone likes this.
  15. nickp91

nickp91 New Member

Woo!!! Bring on the season baby!

16. liveone

liveone Active Member

Nice work! Especially, for a Saturday night. That kind of effort is omething I usually reserve for a Tuesday afternoon when I'm at my desk pretending that I'm working!

Andrew GEA likes this.
  17. unspoken

unspoken Member

Thanks! Glad to share it. I posted the full breakdown of my possibilities in a thread on Twitter if you're interested.

https://twitter.com/rschem/status/1066554233305083904

Andrew GEA likes this.
  18. Riders78

Riders78 New Member

Have any details about the agreement been stated anywhere? Specifically what the salary cap will be?

19. swami24

I would guess the i's are being dotted. And there still has to be a ratification vote, which takes a few days to set up and execute.

20. swami24