NLL CBA

Discussion in 'NLL News and Rumors' started by fandit, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

2. New Fan

New Fan Active Member

That’s just too funny.

3. k-hawksfan33

k-hawksfan33 Well-Known Member

I chugged 6 Gennys Friday night as soon as I heard the news. Unbelievably hype for this season to start.

LETS

MUTHAF*CKIN

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

4. jjc1733

jjc1733 Member

WOW...let's not get your purple and teal thong in a excitement knot here. I'm really interested to see what happens with the schedule. Hopefully it doesn't get pushed out any later, kill some of those bye weeks and get all 18 in. Let's go Bandits!!

chuckster likes this.
  5. Hollywood42

Hype for what, to watch your franchise goalie sign with buffalo this week or your franchise relocating to Halifax

Either or

6. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

Saw it last night, but it hadn't been posted here. Great line though:p

Hollywood42 likes this.
  7. BlackWolves99

BlackWolves99 Member

So I have been tracking this via twitter for the most part for the last week as I was away from my computer. Nice to see they were finally able to come to an agreement where the players are now happy. But one question does come to me after all this. Are all transactions still valid that occurred after the final game of last season?

8. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I don’t see why they wouldn’t be.

9. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

So, we've still lost two weeks of the season or are they going to reschedule so we still have a schedule with 18 games per team and with each team getting 9 home games?

I just remember what a disaster this was 11 years ago with the subsequent Frankenschedule.

In a way, though, I'm not sure how I feel.

I feel like they effed around for too long - whatever they agreed too they should have agreed to weeks ago.

Furthermore, to avoid this in the future at the end of any labor agreement, they ought to now agree to arbitration for 1 year as a last resort 2 months before the season starts to avoid any game cancellations and rescheduling headaches.

All of this said, it's just more of the same in a way. More Mickey Mouse crap.

I remember in Star Trek Mr. Scott saying "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." I feel a bit like we keep getting fooled - like the Boy Who Cried Wolf.

I feel no urgent compelling interest to spend $40 on NLLTV this year. Not sure if, for the 3rd consecutive season, I will not even bother making the trip to see a game.

Between the labor strife, new logo, and a fistful of other factors like getting screwed out of seeing playoff games and having sweaty mascots #MeToo molest me during OT in a playoff game so I miss the GWG, it's all just alienating me from the league.

I have better ways to spend my money and very limited time on this planet than burn weekend evenings chained to streaming games which I am only half-heartedly interested in for 30 minutes; I have more important things to do with my machine.

*sigh*

On the upside, I was watching on YouTube some highlights and that still perked me up a bit and so I almost began to look fwd to the season again. But then, with this labor strife, it just feels like somebody pissed in my soup so I am not exactly enthused to eat it.

RockStar likes this.
  10. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

I think they're going to reschedule.....there are enough bye weeks available to make it work. Worst case is to substitute different opponents for what was supposed to be Buffalo@San Diego, Toronto@Vancouver and maybe Rush@Swarm so that every team at least still plays 18 games.

11. WingsNut423566

WingsNut423566 Active Member

I think PxPsports was saying the games would be added on to the end of season.

12. swami24

They have time to shuffle 2nd half match ups to find dates.

13. unspoken

unspoken Member

He did say that in the LSN interview. Which is understandable to a degree since it's easier right now to get April dates since the NHL and NBA seasons are done by then and they don't generally book playoff dates that far out without knowing if their team is going to make the playoffs. However, if they do this, they may be risking a drop in attendance, especially for the playoffs which would be delayed from their original schedule.

14. AmericanRockFan

So now the season won't end until the 4th of July? Sweet!

15. unspoken

unspoken Member

The problem probably lies more with travel than anything else. For example, the only NLL cities that you can fly to Saskatoon directly from are Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver. Denver can be done in a day but it's a long travel day and means pretty much no rest for the players after playing the night before.

Unless a private plane was involved, it would be basically impossible to get from Atlanta to Saskatoon in time for a game.

16. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Just in time for the start of CFL season! - the real football season.
    Did you see The 106th Grey Cup yesterday? Nice game! Congrats Calgary Stampeders!

Andrew GEA and Ziel37 like this.
  17. AmericanRockFan

I watched it. I was happy to see Bo Levi Mitchell get another Grey Cup ring, plus the MOP award, since he's the best quarterback outside the NFL and probably the modern day Doug Flutie. That punt return to end the first half really took the wind out of the RedBLACKS sails.

18. Hollywood42

The whole 7 games missed will be tacked on in April

19. swami24

Worst case they could do a double header or mini game if the teams play at another point in the schedule. Lost income, but would provide schedule balance. Thurs or mon games might happen.

20. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Also risking being bumped from a primo Friday or Saturday slot if the hockey and basketball teams are still in the playoffs......You think a May NLL playoff game has shtty attendance?

How about a May NLL playoff game on a Thursday, or a Monday :D