NLL CBA

Discussion in 'NLL News and Rumors' started by fandit, Oct 2, 2018.

1. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Shtt, just 86 the first two games off everyone's schedule and use a selection of the remaining booked arena dates to squeeze in a 16 game reg. season.

Try to get all the teams done a week or two earlier than they otherwise would have been, and, go from there.

2. liveone

liveone Active Member

Over the last few weeks I've seen plenty of conspiracy theories online that the schedule shift LAST YEAR was done to purposely give the league the leverage to cancel games this year during CBA negotiations and still reschedule them and end the season on time.

Let's forget for a moment that the league can't seem to get a press release out without typos, misspelling, or incorrect information and they could put together such a devious plan over a year in advance. Let's also forget that last year's schedule was out before the PLPA informed the league of their intent to opt out. If we forget all that, then yes... good on the league to start early in order to be able to reschedule two weeks of games and still finish the regular season by the beginning of May!

RockStar likes this.
  3. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I told y’all it was a work. KAYFABE!

liveone likes this.
  4. unspoken

unspoken Member

We kind of saw it last year. The Rush had the choice between Thursday and the Sunday which was Mother's Day for the West Final because of some Figure Skating All-Stars thing and a Shania Twain concert on Friday and Saturday. Attendance was around 11,500 for that game.

And the other teams will bump stuff if they need to. A couple of years ago the ACC in Toronto had booked Pearl Jam in May for 2 nights, and both were sold out. But the Raptors needed the building one of the two nights so Pearl Jam got bumped.

5. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

No NLL team has the juice to bump another event even in the buildings owned by the team owners.

BanditsRock11 and Hollywood42 like this.
  6. Andrew GEA

Andrew GEA Guest

Was at the game and as a esks fan, I was torn! Cheering for Ottawa means cheering for the East , and I can't cheer for Calgary! Overall I enjoyed the game very much !

7. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

Pretty sure the rock who fill less than half the building don’t have the ammunition to bump anything[/QUOTE]

8. AmericanRockFan

If the championship game can’t bump the circus....

9. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

Oh yea that

10. R.J

R.J Guest

And wasn't there a Christian Music Concert in Everett that lead to the Stealth playing in Langley ?

11. AmericanRockFan

Are you trying to tell me that Jesus hates lacrosse? :confused:

12. unspoken

unspoken Member

My post wasn't clearly written. I meant that NHL or NBA teams in the playoffs who need the building would easily bump their NLL tenant if it came to that.

13. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

could have sworn He once said "Take up lacrosse and follow me".

14. theSloth

theSloth Member

That's why He banished the Stealth to play in Langley.

15. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Don't know if this was captured here or elsewhere...

https://theprovince.com/sports/lacrosse/six-things-warriors-a-primer-on-the-opening-of-a-new-boxla-team-and-season

16. R.J

R.J Guest

Not sure why the League/GM's felt teams needed another inactive roster spot. Heck, I think teams would do fine with 16 runners instead of 17, but I maybe in the minority.

17. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

it was likely a a bargaining concession to the players going from 20-21. It is still lower than the 23 it had been for most the the leagues history.

18. R.J

R.J Guest

16 runners, 2 goalies, and 1-2 inactive is enough IMO. I think it's more the coaches and GM's who want the added bodies.