NLL CBA

Discussion in 'NLL News and Rumors' started by fandit, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

I am not sure what you mean...
    Are you saying that the sign-ups this year have decreased compared to last year?
    If so, how would you know that?

2. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

I think he means is that you can't sign up for it because the links are not there or if you click on them, they go nowhere/reload the NLL homepage.

3. Ziel37

Ziel37 New Member

Lately I've seen facebook posts and tweets and whatnot from teams that have comment sections littered with CBA chirps, so it actually gives me faith that we're not the only ones who care and the casual fan has some kind of clue as to what's going on.

swami24 likes this.
  4. liveone

liveone Member

Nope - as chuckster said, I'm just commenting on how the subscription pages for NLLTV have been taken down in the last few weeks. Links in past emails don't work, nlltv.com redirects to nll.com, the signup link from B/R Live's website is gone, and all archived games have been removed from the NLLTV app. There's literally no way to currently subscribe right now.

Coincidentally (or not?), this seems to have happened in the last few weeks alongside the meltdown in CBA negotiations. The tin-foil hat crowd may think they're related but my guess is that they're migrating their content off of Sportsrocket and on to whoever the new provider is. Still.. it's fun to stir the pot with conspiracy theories.

5. Following it all out here in Calgary as well. Thanks to Steve Bermel/Pat Gregoire for the updates, todays' update is --"Source telling me a meeting is upcoming between the PLPA’s financial adviser & a financial analyst from the NLL and A source told me that the LRR hangup is not necessarily money/percentage related. The two financial experts may be meeting over “compliance” issues which are holding the matter up." I am keeping updates out in here in Calgary and the Roughnecks, but not sure many other fans know about this forum. Let's hope the NLL/Commish will give the players their due and #GetItDone so we can have a season . It's a tough grind for these players, and I know I don't want to pay to see coaches/GM/Commish play!!!!

IAmDroot and Ziel37 like this.
  6. chuckster

Social media is helping to let casual fans know what's going on. The word should spread if things get heated and it will definitely impact teams who are doing business as usual.

7. chuckster

I totally get that players and the league may not want to fully negotiate this in the media but at the same time, fans deserve to know what's going on.

8. WingsNut423566

WingsNut423566 Active Member

9. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

So a conference call could be happening right now and the players could be rejecting the proposal. Sweet journalism.

I'll start a rumor that there's no conference call and never was one because the players accepted a proposal.

10. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Oh Jesus... This is NOT the way to launch two new franchises with another one for next year. Anyway, thanks for letting me know.

... You know, this reminds me of the situation with the Chicago Shamrox 10 years ago.
    If you remember, I was working out in Rockford IL and very seriously interested in going to Shamrox games, but the franchise situation was a bit destabilized due to the onset of The Great Recession. So, what I did to find the truth before the official announcement was that I called the Sears Centre Box Office to see if the 2009 season-opener was sold-out. The guy on the phone was puzzled because it seemed that all the games were no longer for sale. That's all I needed to know that franchise was toast and they made the announcement less than 48 hours later.

http://forums.ilindoor.com/threads/our-system-is-down.302066/

If you can't even get a streaming subscription now, that is a lot like what happened to me in 2008 for the 2009 season.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
  11. Andrew GEA

Andrew GEA Guest

**** I renewed the second last season was over (for the discount) think I paid 35$ but can't really remember.... I don't think they'll cancel but I dread the thought of going through the hurdles of a refund

12. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

A prudent commissioner might have sorted things out with the PLPA before final signoff on the expansion entries........

I would think the "promise" of bringing 46 new player jobs, a boost of 22%, might have let them gain a modest concession on whatever the players are owed for expansion revenues......at least to get a bridge deal of like 2-3 years on the CBA, let the expansion proceed in peace, and, maybe even help the league enough that another 20% in player jobs get added soon after!

Roughnecks Fan #1 likes this.
  13. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Which is why I am holding off.

14. fandit

fandit Well-Known Member

By "prudent" did you mean competent? 'Cause I'm thinking that's the minimum that could have been done and they didn't even get there. o_O

15. WingsNut423566

WingsNut423566 Active Member

Get the popcorn things are just getting good.

Roughnecks Fan #1 and RockStar like this.
  16. New Fan

New Fan Active Member

Got to wonder what he is doing in a leadership role. Today apparently on a Philly show promoting and growing the game. His focus should be getting the Owners and PLPA at the table face to face until it’s resloved.

17. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

Nah, you still need to take a few hours to promote.

18. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

You also need a product to promote instead of selling wolf tickets.

RockStar likes this.
  19. chuckster

It was a podcast and those are usually done in advance. Jack Goods does his at least a week out.

20. chuckster

PLPA tweeted out:

The Players have rejected the league's most recent offer, but have provided a 1 year proposal in the interest of getting the season underway while we continue to negotiate on a mutually agreed upon long term deal. #PLPA #FairDealNoDeal