NLL commissioner seems like kind of a jerk

Discussion in 'NLL News and Rumors' started by TofuBomb, Oct 6, 2018.

1. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

America. Love it or leave it.

Or, love leaving it.

2. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

Ironically, NBC has an snl episode on at 10pm, with Dan carvey doing Perot.

3. BigDave

BigDave Active Member

Support the NFFA!

4. TofuBomb

TofuBomb Guest

Players don't seem happy about it. (Attached)

image.jpeg image.jpeg

RockStar likes this.
  5. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

This is just pushing something that’s not a big deal. End of story

Andrew GEA likes this.
  6. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

Guy was a douche long before he became NLL commish. I'm down for some public bashing.

RockStar likes this.
  7. AmericanRockFan

So did he play the “I got hacked” card?

Personally, while I’m all in favor of free speech I think it’s a better strategy to not publicly share your political beliefs publicly when you’re in the position Sak is in. Regardless of what you say, you’re gonna p!ss off 50% of your customers.

8. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

I have only thing to say this issue:

If the Commissioner indeed wrote that @NLLcommish tweet, I have no problem with that itself, per se, but he should have done so under an alternative Twitter account not associated with the NLL and not @NLLcommish. I don't think his tweet is termination-worthy, though, but the Board of Governors should say something privately to him at the next meeting.

9. AmericanRockFan

This. Like I said, I have no problem with someone voicing their opinion, I just think you should exercise extreme caution when doing so because there will be angry people regardless of what you say when you're talking about politics.

10. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

Agreed. Why tick off 50% of the fanbase of your fledgling indoor lacrosse league when you can tick off 0% of them by staying out of political discussions?

11. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

because he's a jerk thats the point of this thread

Wings-4-Life likes this.
  12. WingsNut423566

WingsNut423566 Active Member

What fanbase? Only the message board posters are taking issue with it.

13. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

So are a handful of Tweeters including a couple of NLL players.

14. AmericanRockFan

It's still more people than should be annoyed by it.

MILLwasbetter and swami24 like this.
  15. Hollywood42

I forgot about it already as should all of you and the 2 butthurt players who should just keep quiet

16. WingsNut423566

WingsNut423566 Active Member

So just a bunch of keyboard warriors.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  17. MILLwasbetter

MILLwasbetter Well-Known Member

A couple things urk me about this thread.

1- I come here to talk lacrosse not politics. I like everyone here and I'd like to keep it that way. I stay out of the off topic forum for that reason. This should be moved or shut down.

2- The original tweet that is being responded to is just plain dumb. The Electoral College exists so that large cities don't control the entire country. If we didn't have the college, the only votes that would matter in this country would be in Los Angeles, Chicago, Houston, and NYC. Popular vote is always skewed to where the large cities are leaning. That direction is usually left. The popular vote is not an accurate depiction of how an entire country votes, rather how many democrats in democrat controlled cities showed up to vote. The county by county election map is always the best way to see how the country voted, and in 2016 it wasn't even close as it was almost all red. In years past it's been a lot more blue. In 2016 Democrats basically racked up a lot of extra votes in areas they were already going to win, rather than having democrats vote in areas they needed to win.

3- Why on Earth would a person in power, anywhere, in any field, use social media for anything other than their job related duties?

Attached Files:

Andrew GEA likes this.
  18. TofuBomb

TofuBomb Guest

LOL. That makes no sense. The electoral college, which is anti-democratic, should be abolished.

As for the thread being off-topic, it's about comments made by the NLL commissioner from an NLL account, which NLL players have responded to. I don't see how that doesn't qualify as news. But moderators can, of course, move the thread wherever they want.

19. Hollywood42

Because it’s still political related
    Where 50% are butthurt and 50% don’t care
    It’s literally being talked about no where else but here

20. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

you could say the same thing about any 2/3 of NLL news.:)

truthfully, I dont give a fig about Nicky Sak's politics. My care is whether he is smart enough to make the NLL better.

with that stupid "dont like it, leave" post that came out because someone 'dared' to post a differing opinion, I have a little bit more doubt that he is smart enough to make the NLL better.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018