NLL investigating Rock for tampering once again

Discussion in 'NLL News and Rumors' started by mtbf, May 13, 2006.

1. JoeWings

JoeWings Active Member

miasma \my-AZ-muh; mee-\, noun:
    1. A vaporous exhalation (as of marshes or putrid matter) formerly thought to cause disease; broadly, a thick vaporous atmosphere or emanation.
    2. A harmful or corrupting atmosphere or influence; also, an atmosphere that obscures; a fog.

Meathead,
    I'm impressed! :)

2. Wings2Go

Wings2Go New Member

he probally read it in his Harry Potter book :D

3. WingsfaninMA

WingsfaninMA New Member

Clearly a word of the day email for meathead.

4. Meathead25

Meathead25 New Member

Thank you, JoeWings, thank you...I'm here all week, try the veal. :D

5. Frozen Tundra

Frozen Tundra New Member

His contract is to play lacrosse for the Philadelphia Wings for the 2006 season and honored his contract. What does that have to do with coaching the Toronto Rock in 2007? Its not a breach of contract.

6. Meathead25

Meathead25 New Member

His 2007 contract ends August 2 of this year.
    If he signs with another team, albeit as a coach instead of a player, technically he is still under contract to the Wings, therefore the signing with the Rock can be seen as tampering (if you're a scandal-monger) or as a timing issue.

7. Plats

Plats New Member

The real "miasmic" question is....

If JJ throws the league's rulebook at BW, will he get a papercut? :rotfl:

RockStar likes this.
  8. WingsfaninMA

WingsfaninMA New Member

With a real front office, considering this is a second offense, the Rock would forfeit all their upcoming draft picks (not to the Wings ... they'd just go unused) or Watters would be suspended from having anything to do with the team for a year.

With JJ & Crew, a papercut would be considered too harsh.

9. Frozen Tundra

Frozen Tundra New Member

Its not a second offense. Buffalo withdrew the charge on Sanderson because Toronto settled with them.

10. rocksolid

rocksolid New Member

Its not even a first or second offense. He was under contract to play lacrosse. Even if the contract hasn't expired yet, there is no restriction in the player contract preventing a player to coach another team. This isn't tampering.

11. rnsykes

rnsykes Active Member

As goddess said, it depends on the wording. Has anyone read in his contract that it says he is a player and that it? Maybe it says that they own the right to him and any type of employee in the NLL. Who knows, but unless it definately says "player" then thats not the case.

12. rocksolid

rocksolid New Member

I have seen one. Its a player contract. Its called a Standard Player Contract. Its not a personal services contract.

13. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

i kinda agree here. the only bad thing is that the reason for restricting team contact w/ other teams signed players is the signal that it sends. personally, the day clark leaves philly after the final game, he can be open to any offer, as a player, coach, stickboy. but if toronto contacted glen during the season then its not a small issue. look, i'm not for conspiracy theories but here i am questioning why clark gets himself expelled v toronto when we are on the brink of a playoff spot. i'm not saying this is what happened but this is how screwball rumors would get lit - watters gets his playoff game w/ clark knowing that he'll then get sanderson's job. I AM NOT SAYING THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED BUT I"VE READ THESE UNSUBSTANTIATED MILL RUMORS AND THIS IS HOW THEY CAN BE GIVEN LEGS.
    the timing of any discussion btwn watters & clark is more important than us losing clark to toronto.

14. rocksolid

rocksolid New Member

Also, the tampering rules don't even apply if the club asks for permission to speak to the player or coach. No one even knows if that happened or didn't happen. This is whole thing is an internet rumor that someone started with no basis for it.

15. rnsykes

rnsykes Active Member

Alright rocksolid. I beleive you about the players contract. Like I said, I've never seen one. Anyway, I can't imagine that they requested an investigation with no grounds for one, but who knows.

16. K-Dawg

K-Dawg New Member

Hey, what about this? Is Clarkie still playing for Lindsay in Barrie in the summer? Is this a conflict of interest? O.K. Now that I've stirred it......Discuss :D !!

17. riley

riley New Member

I think that's the point. There may not be an investigation. There has no reputable source to say there's rumor. Just because some starts a thread about something, it doesn't means its true. I think this is one of those cases.

18. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Did anything ever come from this? The NLL needs some controversial bullshit like this.