NLL launches new NLLTV.com

Discussion in 'NLL News and Rumors' started by Rottenrocker, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

F2A86A79-8CE6-4904-A29B-5F4195585A03.jpeg Suckas NE feed for me was great

2. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I see Bill O'Brien throwing shade at NLLTV on Twitter.

RockStar likes this.
  3. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

Yeah nobody cares.

RockStar likes this.
  4. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Anyone have the Rock season ticket discount code for NLL TV? I have not yet bought the Roku, and, I am jonesing for some classic garbage-webfeed lacrosse from Rochester....

5. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

I don't know if it was like this when you posted your comment but if you put your mouse over the ribbon of games at the top of the page, the Bandits/Rock and Mammoth/Stealth game say "View" and if you click that, you can watch the games. The Georgia/NE one doesn't have that on it which may be due to the issues they were having as the game aired.

It's kind of hidden but I happen to have found it by luck. Which isn't good if you're NLLTV.

tydoggz likes this.
  6. tydoggz

tydoggz Member

Should be throwing more than shade on it....starts with the same first 2 letters

RockStar likes this.
  7. AmericanRockFan

I totally forgot how bad the on-demand video quality of NLLTV is. Too bad too, since the Rochester feed was actually rather solid live by Rochester standards.

Also, the YouTube highlight video quality seems to kinda suck through week 1 also.

8. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

I didn't find the video bad, but I did find the buffering and disconnects bad. I missed at least two goals in the New England game because of that.

Twitter, on the other hand, seemed flawless.

9. Andrew GEA

Andrew GEA Guest

I was pretty happy that highlights were a thing this year , but one min long and not including every goal doesn't make sense...

Vin likes this.
  10. AmericanRockFan

I get not showing every goal, but I agree that having the videos be only 90 seconds or so is almost pointless. They really should be more like 3-4 minutes long at least, with the length depending on how many goals were scored.

11. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Well, I do agree. At the same time, 90 second highlight reels are good for TV sports news reporting and encourages being a little more in-depth with the report.

12. AmericanRockFan

See, for the local affiliates a highlight reel that short is very appropriate. But for the NLL's official YouTube page? It's barely even an appetizer. It's almost more of an annoyance. I wish that the NLL's YouTube page highlights followed the NHL Network's On The Fly format where they let you get a good feel for the game.

Andrew GEA likes this.
  13. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Leafs produce a "game in 6 minutes" video clip that they share throughout social media. Shows 30s of action around every goal, fight, big hit, whatever.

These are great if you missed a game you wanted to see.

14. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

Maybe the new guy the NLL recently hired will do something about that.

http://www.nll.com/news/national-lacrosse-league-announces-the-addition-of-joel-feld/

15. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

The National Lacrosse League (NLL), the largest men’s professional indoor lacrosse league in North America, welcomes Joel Feld as a broadcast consultant for the league. Within the league, Joel will be responsible for creating league wide production standards, shoring up current production technology and increasing the production value for the broadcasts and NLL Productions. In turn, Joel will be creating a roadmap for the future of NLL TV broadcasts.
    Feld also served as a senior producer and executive producer of ABC SportsBeat with Howard Cosell and as co-creator and executive producer for ABC SportsNight, the network’s late-night sports variety show that ran in 1987.

So, he's no spring chicken. I like his experience. Sounds like a good hire.