NLL, Mann, Minto, and NCAA Champ?

Discussion in 'NLL News and Rumors' started by AmericanRockFan, Mar 17, 2018.

1. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I'm watching the Knighthawks/Roughnecks game and they mentioned that Jamieson has won an NLL, NCAA, Mann, and Minto championship.

Has anyone else won all of these? I don't know if the Gaits won a Mann or a Minto since I'm not a big summer lax expert by any stretch.

Furthermore, has anyone won the 4 aforementioned trophies AND an MLL title too??

2. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

I don't know if Gary Gait ever got a Minto, but, I think he has everything else, plus an ILF gold.

3. baron

baron Member

Looks like the Gaits have Jamieson beat.
    Paul Gait....Paul won a Minto Cup, three NCAA championships, and led senior teams to eight championships in an 18-year career that included four Mann Cups, three National Lacrosse League (NLL) titles and one Major League Lacrosse title.
    Gary Gait...Gary won a Minto Cup, three NCAA championships, and led senior teams to nine championships in a 24-year career that included three Mann Cups, three National Lacrosse League (NLL) titles and three Major League Lacrosse titles.

AmericanRockFan likes this.
  4. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Thanks for that.

5. RockStar

I think Gary has one of everything except an international indoor gold medal - MILL/NLL, Major, WLA and Mann, BCLA Jr. A and Minto, MLL, ILF World Championship. I think he was on the faceplanting 2002 Heritage cup team, and for some reason (coaching commitment?) not on the 2003 gold medal WILC team.

6. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

Don't forget that Gary Gait has 1 NLL title as head coach. He's also gotten the Syracuse women's lax team to the national finals twice as head coach.

7. RockStar

Not a Buffalo fan alive that will forget that one......might have been the ugliest, and most one-sided title game I have ever seen.

Did not know he had had that much success as a coach with the Orangewomen.....