NLL on Roku?

Discussion in 'NLL News and Rumors' started by Rick716, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Rick716

Rick716 Active Member

Trying to watch the Buffalo at Rochester game on Roku. The feed is just showing a black screen with a white digital clock counting upward. It shows 15:00:00+ and counting. Is anyone else seeing this?

2. liveone

liveone Member

I had the same problem. When I started the game on my IPad, though, the game was playing normally.

Long story short, the Roku feeds aren’t starting “live”. Whenever you strat a game it goes to the beginning of the feed. In the Rochester/Buffalo game I had to FFWD through 2 hours of that clock to get to the game.

Switched to the Wolves game at 830 and had to FFWD through over an hour of scoreboard pregame crap. Went back to Rochester and there was the clock again.

3. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

It’s an obvious glitch I figured it out dec 9
    But hey it’s free so

4. Rick716

Rick716 Active Member

Thanks for the info liveone and Hollywood. I tried fast-forwarding a like 10 minutes worth and still had the clock so I gave up. I also tried the NE game and it kept starting with some really long ad. So I ended up listening on the radio. I know last year the Roku games were live without a problem. The whole thing just added to my frustration with the Bandits getting crushed. Now I know to be more patient and fast forward more next week.

5. Hollywood42

You have to fast forward all the way till u can’t anymore and press play

6. Rick716

Rick716 Active Member

Got it...Thanks for that additional piece of info.

7. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker Member

Not shelling out money for a Roku box to stream NLL games on my PS4. They need to put out a proper NLL.TV PS4 app like the other leagues do.

8. BenMitchell

BenMitchell Member

I know last year that there was a bug in NLL TV that enabled people to use NLLTV for Roku without paying for a subscription. Is this still the case this year?

9. LordStanley1893

LordStanley1893 Active Member

Yes, the app never asks for sign on info.

10. BenMitchell

BenMitchell Member

It is pretty hard to believe that 4 weeks into the season and they still don't have the Roku up and running. They had ALL summer to make sure NLLTV was working and they couldn't even do that. Pretty bad.

11. Hollywood42

It works fine For me
    Perhaps read this thread from top to bottom to figure it out

12. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Nothing about how Apple TV is the shiznit? Disappointing.

13. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

He still mentioned Roku. It counts.

14. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Can't wait to read about how good the telecasts are

15. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I'm not into the cyber bullying gimmick, but I was a tad surprised to see Ben be critical of NLLTV in his post. I'm used to his optimism and positive outlook.

16. LordStanley1893

LordStanley1893 Active Member

It works fine for me too. Last time I checked NLL TV was not searchable via the Roku store but you can sync it to your device with link (add channel). https://channelstore.roku.com/details/130045/nlltv

17. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

NLLTV now requires a login to watch past games from this season. Or, you can go to Xumo and watch them without a login.

18. BenMitchell

BenMitchell Member

I am a big fan of NLLTV and it’s convenience but only if it works like it’s supposed to. For me at least, the first week of the season both the Roku and Apple TV apps were not working. They have since fixed Apple TV but as of last week, you had to fast forward the entire game to get to the live feed on Roku. To me, it’s totally unacceptable as they had all summer to get it working.

19. Hollywood42

Not on roku lolol I’m watching wolves swarm from dec 8 right now

20. Hollywood42

Yea and the roku app doesn’t have a paywall I still don’t get why you care
    It works with glitches which anyone depending on that platform won’t whine it’s FREE