NLL online presence

Discussion in 'NLL News and Rumors' started by RockStar, Dec 9, 2017.

1. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

the amount of backhanded navigation i had to do to get to the box score from the mobile website's front page was unbelievable.

to me, that should be the first thing that pops up if i click on the score.....like to indicate that i am interested in the numbers behind the numbers.

barring a direct link to the box score, maybe a menu that lets you choose box score or game summary.

then, they have not updated the stock info for the Bandits - Billy Dee and David Brock??

come on, guys. you have such a grand vision, I want to believe in you and see this one day look like a slick, top tier professional operation.

Attached Files:

2. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I could not agree more. I had to google NLL Pointstreak stats on my phone at the game last night to find the old setup so I could check the scoresheet while the game was in progress.

Know what else would be nice? If they had an out of town scores thing at the KeyBank Center for jabronis like us who care about this sort of thing.

RockStar likes this.
  3. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

I do the exact same thing. The new NLL website and the way they show stats is terrible.

I start here -- http://d15k3om16n459i.cloudfront.net/prostats/scoreboard.html?leagueid=230 -- and then navigate to where I want to go. For someone like me who wants to dive into the stats in a decent, uncluttered presentation, that's the place to be.

RockStar likes this.
  4. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

I was going to start a thread for the same thing.

I just went straight to Google:
    nll pointstreak

The NLL website is worthless for the real fan.

RockStar likes this.
  5. AmericanRockFan

Worthless for the casual fan too.

I used to like to download the "stat pack" on a weekly basis last year to keep up to date with stats and such, and went to download week 1's stat pack only to find that they still have last May's stat pack still up :mad:

RockStar likes this.
  6. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

7. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

I saw that the other day. LOL

8. RockStar

i spotted the Buffalo captaincy issue as well, posted a snippet from the webpage in an earlier posy above.....you know, just for hysterical, er, historical preservation purposes. :D

9. Rock'EmSock'Em

Rock'EmSock'Em New Member

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that the web site is awful. How hard is it to have the current season stats as a starting point during "Face-off Weekend"? The WLA does a much better job on their website. Take note NLL!

10. Rock'EmSock'Em

Rock'EmSock'Em New Member

Try finding an actual link to the standings instead of using the arrow hiding along the right side. This should be one of the easiest things to get to.

RockStar likes this.
  11. RockStar

the old website was a little Spartan looking, and maybe a little dated, but, it did the job better than this one.

function over form, here, folks, and having a good mobile version is just as important as having twats twittering tweets on twitter......antisocial media is how i get most of my info and i cannot be alone.

12. AmericanRockFan

R.I.P. NLL Pointstreak site. I tried to go on today, and now I get the dreaded "Bad Gateway" or "404 Not Found" message :(

13. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

I don't know why this league hates its fans so much.......the way they do it on their website absolutely sucks monkey balls.

14. AmericanRockFan

It's ridiculous. I can't even seem to find individual game stats from any game anymore. R.I.P. my all-time Rock stats spreadsheet :(

15. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

Pointstreak.com gives you that bad gateway btw

16. Rick716

Rick716 Active Member

Right, I noticed that too. Hopefully, it's just Pointstreak's site that is down. I always open their gamesheet whenever I watch a game.

17. RockStar

if i have to use the NLL's POS site to look at stats for more than,like, this morning, someone is going to get hurt

If i find out Sak has terminated their relationship with pointstreak without a solid replacement, I will personally travel to Conshohoken (wherever TF that is), and go to work on him with a blowtorch and a pair of pliers;)

18. LordStanley1893

LordStanley1893 Active Member

There is this message on the pointstreak site.

We’ll be back soon!
    Hello Valued Blue Star Sports Customers,

We are continuing to address the issues we are experiencing due to the global security update that was applied across Amazon Web Services and other cloud providers yesterday. This can manifest itself as decreased performance, access issues, and 502 errors.

As with other customers who were severely impacted by the update, resolving the issue will require significant upgrades to our environment which we are working through with Amazon now. We will provide an update on progress and timing as soon as possible.

We understand that this has a significant impact on you all, and apologize for the inconvenience to you, your volunteers, and players.

— Blue Star Sports Support support@bluestarsports.com

19. Rick716

Rick716 Active Member

Pointstreak is working again.

20. AmericanRockFan

THANK. GOD.