Discussion in 'NLL News and Rumors' started by TofuBomb, Sep 19, 2018.
I guess that means it's still going to be around?
They were at the end of last season. I re-upped with a 20% discount.
I'm pretty sure they said at the end of last season that the subscription would allow you to watch all games on NLLTV or Bleacher Report Live. It looks to me like BR Live is just an alternate way to watch from more platforms and to get the game in front of more eyeballs. As part of getting BR to carry NLLTV, though, they had to dump seven figured into infrastructure and broadcast enhancements. I would expect that BR Live would also have show like The Box and maybe a game or two a week for free.
As an aside, I hope the audio quality on some of the side content is better in Philly then it was in Toronto. I enjoyed shows like the Box for the last two years, but it drove me nuts that they consistently sounded like they were being taped in the Men's room.
A man with a watch knows what time it is.
A man with two watches isn't so sure.
So, can somebody please tell me definitely who I am or should be giving my money to next season?
Not for sure. I'm about 85.76% sure that if yo buy an NLLTV subscription, you're all set on both platforms. It's the other 14.24% keeping me from buying anything until the season starts and all is made clear.
I'm pretty sure that NLLTV is producing the games but they will be shown on BR Live.
I'm not so sure about that although I suspect you are correct.
B/R Live is a Turner Communications product just like TBS and TNT. They have a vested interest in making sure that B/R Live is of high quality and successful because this is their investment in becoming an ESPN of streaming. If the quality of the experience suffers and users don't like it, then they may abandon it. I, for one, am NOT thrilled with the NLLTV experience. Sure, the games are OK when they actually stream, but I dislike the interface and that I have to have 2, yes, 2 logins for viewing and commenting. Furthermore, the commenting interface is annoying...
I didn't renew (so far) this year because of that. I didn't want to be married to my computer to watch a game when I could be doing something more useful with it. And when I did watch a game, between the hiccups and annoyances, I turned off games that I would otherwise watch. Really, given the hours that I did watch, NLLTV was not worth it.
So, I am hoping that production and interface changes.
It’s time to invest in a roku VIN
then you aren’t married to your laptop
Stop living in 2006 b2 networks land
i was thinking Roku, but, instead I just grabbed an old desktop pc that work had designated for recycling, and rammed an open source version of Chrome OS onto it.
plug this into a set, use with a wireless keyboard/touchpad and presto, the old dumb tv has slick interface for webstreamed content. Bonus - the chrome web experience is far preferable to the shtty interface for youtube, netflix, etc. that comes with many smart TVs
subsequently, I found an open source project for Android TV OS for Intel/AMD type chipsets.....next project might be a home-made Android TV box
This. I have an old laptop that I use just for streaming because I find that Google Chrome isn't usually suspect to the same buffering issues that the SmartTV apps are.
I live in a hotel...
You can take a Roku on the road with you
Why have you never gotten a place of your own? Have you been in the same hotel this whole time?
I take my roku to Connecticut with me and stay in 48$ a night rats nests. And they have flat screens with hdmi output
Surrrrely your job provides you a step up from roadway inn
sometimes the hotels lockdown the HDMI ports so you cannot plug in your porn, er, Netflix , and, theoretically, have to buy their shitty overpriced porn, er, movies.
lovely thing about wifi-enabled smart tvs - if the bsstards try this, you can just download a remote control app for your phone or tablet, use it to turn off 'hotel mode' and jailbreak the ports for your own porn, er, movies.....#StickingItToEm
just spring for a Roku or Apple TV and all your concerns will be solved
So you use hotel wifi? twll me more.
i think I detect sarcasm.
there is this problem too......poor quality signal, throttled bandwidth. Sometimes, even when I can stream to my tablet, putting it to the tv through a wire or Chromecast just doesn't work.
yes. because you never know when your contract ends and dont wamna get stuck with a lease. nor do i wanna pay for duplicate infrastructure which i would not need at home. i get a good rate which makes it comparable to an apartment.
I have a "deluxe king" room for $42.99 + 15‰ hotel tax = $49.44/night. For 7 nights, that's $346.08/week all utils included and maid service. I get $160/day*5 days/week = $800/week per diem so that helps.
Separate names with a comma.