NLL TV selling subscriptions for 2019 season

Discussion in 'NLL News and Rumors' started by TofuBomb, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

no no sarcasm at all actually... total ignorance.

2. liveone

liveone Member

I also suspect you're correct on this. That would explain why BR supposedly made the league spend seven figures in upgrading their broadcast infrastructure for this season to get the deal done. I think you're going to have the option of watching identical broadcasts on BR Live or the old NLLTV, though.

3. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Makes total sense to me.

Anyhow, the best hotel I've ever encountered where I was able to use my own HDMI cord for something was the Radisson in downtown Cleveland. Great WiFi, a sweet flat screen tv, and I could hook my laptop up to the HDMI cord and stream whatever I damn well pleased. It's my official hotel when I go on trips to Cleveland from now on, mainly for this reason. Plus the rooms are pretty big.

4. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

Yes, when you set it up In the hotel, it detects it as a hotel/college dorm. In your phone it will show a special roku WiFi signal that you put the password provided from the tv screen
    It will bounce back to the roku (using no phone data) and work

5. liveone

liveone Member

Strike 1 for Bleacher Report Live in my house.

I installed the app on my Roku to watch the draft tonight. When I first started it, I was directed to go to the BR Live website on my PC and create an account. Of course, the BR Live website failed to load at all on Chrome unless I deactivated my adblocker.

6. TofuBomb

TofuBomb Guest

I just don't want to ask for NLL TV for Christmas then get the rug pulled out from under me. A little more clarity would be nice.

7. Hollywood42

1B44DC87-C2A2-4D74-AF47-874A381EED1C.jpeg
    No problem with roku

8. Rick716

Rick716 Active Member

So, I'm watching the Commissioner into remarks and it cuts off saying I need to sign up for an account. I log into NLL TV and there's no draft there. Not worth creating another account just to watch this today. No draft for me :(.

9. Hollywood42

It takes 20 seconds
    Email and password and you’re in

10. Rick716

Rick716 Active Member

Thanks, I did it. Just aggravated to have to keep creating accounts. Will NLL TV still work like last year?

11. TofuBomb

TofuBomb Guest

I can't even download the Bleacher Report app on my iPad — I guess because it's too old.

EDIT: Is it bad form to hope that someone will just stream games illegally a la r/NBAStreams on Reddit?

12. AmericanRockFan

The NLL isn’t popular enough for people to stream crap online.

Hollywood42 likes this.
  13. Hollywood42

Lol the league has 183 fans it doesn’t get pirated

14. TofuBomb

TofuBomb Guest

Yeah, but it would be nice!

15. liveone

liveone Member

I didn't have a problem with the Roku app itself, it was going to the BRLive website and creating the needed account. It simply will not load at all with my Adblock extension enabled in Chrome. Just irritated me, that's all. Even worse, there are no ads on the page.

Now, the android app is a different story. I fired that up so I could keep listening in the car while I ran out for a few minutes. This was on a Galaxy S9 on Verizon. The interface was terrible - it took forever to find the event. Then it was doing the same thing that NLLTV did at the start of last season where it started at the beginning of the broadcast, not live. I had to fast forward. It would not have been that big of a problem if the app didn't crash several times. When it was working, it got stuck buffering every few minutes. I wasn't watching it (driving), but I did notice about half of the times I glanced over that the video was frozen but the audio was chugging away.

Not impressed with BR Live at all yet.

16. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

if I had the motivation and the bandwidth, I would totally pirate rebroadcast NLL.....just for the 20 of my loyal readers here who might be interested

17. Hollywood42

Well we had free Feed’s until a certain forum nark tattle tailed

18. Hollywood42

Based on this I think it’s safe to assume nlltv will work with brlive 5DAC63CE-E895-46C3-88C6-8BE7565EBF4F.jpeg

19. Hollywood42

Why don’t you stay at a residence inn or something? I wouldn’t want to live in a hotel room wouldn’t u want a kitchen or something

20. AmericanRockFan

To hijack this thread, has anyone ever tried using DAZN? It's a sports streaming site, but their buffering issues drive me nuts. I wish they allowed you to lower the picture quality a little bit because I'd gladly trade some picture quality for uninterrupted streaming.