NLL TV selling subscriptions for 2019 season

Discussion in 'NLL News and Rumors' started by TofuBomb, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

I don't feel like spending $2500/month on a hotel when my mortgage is $450.
    I could get an apartment for around the same that I am spending now, but then I am locked into a lease. With a hotel and the good rate I get (which does include a room with a fridge sans freezer and a microwave), it is like "Friends With Housing Benefits"; we can stop our "housing relationship" at any point - no strings attached - yet it isn't costing me as much as a real "housing relationship" of an apartment nor the amount for a "housing prostitute" like Residence Inn or other long-term hotels are.

2. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

I thought you said you got 800$ a week per diem
    That’s why I said a resistance inn type place

3. TofuBomb

TofuBomb Guest

I checked the NLL TV app the other day, and the draft still wasn't there. Really wish the league could be more clear about its plans.

4. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Yeah, I do get $800/week per diem (*); but I am also otherwise underpaid salary-wise. Otherwise, they'd hire someone local who doesn't need per diem. So, it's a bit of a give and take.

(*) Technically, it's $160 per workday. Last week, I worked only one day and this week two days, so over that 2-week period, that is only $480... BEFORE taxes.

5. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

If I was gonna live in a hotel I'd want to live in a Hyatt Hotel.

When you live in a hotel, do you pay them on weekly basis? Monthly? I hope they don't make you wait until the day you checkout cause that's gonna be quite a hefty bill :eek:

6. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

I pay weekly generally. However, I've been staying here for almost 6 years except when I am home. So, my "Vin Rate" is a daily rate and they bill me by the day. But, again, I usually just do Sunday-thru-Saturday stays. I pay on Sunday morning (and tell them to "charge my card now") for that week. So, for example, this Sunday around Noon, I will renew my room for another week. They know I will do that so they already make my reservation for me so my room is not given away. I get paid every Friday so that works out well. So, with my rate of $42.99+15% tax, the weekly bill is $346.08. Basically, $1500/month but ALL UTILITIES ARE INCLUDED + Maid Service and no need to buy duplicate infrastructure. A studio apartment here would run me at least $1200/month + utils and, in the long winter in the northeast, heating is expensive.

7. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

When I first started in the hospitality industry over a decade ago, I started at an Econo Lodge. We actually had 3 live-in residents. The they had all been there between 8-12 years, and all said it was easier to just have a place where there is one bill, and one bill only. Regular rates at this dump were around $70 a night, but they were all paying $30 a night. Same as you, we would just run their cards once a week.

8. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

Welfare hotel?

9. AmericanRockFan

I live on a bicycle.

10. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

And I live in a van down by the river

11. BigDave

BigDave Active Member

I miss Chris Farley.

12. AmericanRockFan

I told a Tinder date that I hoped she had a big trunk for me to put my bike in.

13. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

OK, so what is the story?

I was checking out B/R Live to see if I could sign-up for the NLL from their website.
    What a tossed-salad of horseshit!
    First-off, B/R Live you sign-up for per league / event or whatever, so it's not global like Hulu or Netflix.
    Fine. I am fine with that since I don't need to see International Barrel Fishing League or whatever anyway.
    Still, I look around and can't even find a way TO sign-up for the NLL here. So, WTF is the point? When the season starts, how would I watch an NLL game at B/R Live if there's no paywall with them?

Can anybody explain to me this Frankenstein streaming arrangement that the NLL has with NLLTV and B/R Live?

This is getting very effing annoying to the point that I might not even bother with this season.

14. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

OK, so I am under the impression now that the old NLL TV is gone? nlltv.com redirects to the NLL.
    I see now where I can sign-up at B/R Live.

So, we are finally to the point where we have only one option now? B/R Live?

15. liveone

liveone Member

It wasn't too long ago that they were selling subs though the old website. I checked a direct signup think they tweeted out just before the draft and it's dead, too. Out of curiosity, I fired up the Roku app and saw that all archived games are missing from there.

I'm thinking either you caught them while they're transitioning from NLLTV to whatever platform is going to host the B/R Live content. Either that or they've taken sales offline in case they cancel the season, but I doubt that since the teams are promoting ticket sales for home openers like mad the last few days.

16. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker Active Member

So I guess re-upping a few months ago was dumb since NLLTV has disappeared. Signing up with BRLive is a pain in the ass though since they're only dealing with U.S. addresses. Makes it difficult for a Canadian to subscribe to the NLL when you can't put in your proper postal code.

17. AmericanRockFan

Have you tried using 00000 as your zip? That’s what gas stations have Canadian patrons do.

18. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker Active Member

Maybe I'll do that. Thanks!

Edit: Didn't work. BRLive making it incredibly difficult to do something so simple here.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
  19. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Some of the payment systems are more sophisticated and can actually deal with CDN postal codes in a way

The "secret code", if 00000 doesn't work, is the three numbers from your postal code plus two zeros.

I still remember the first time I was faced with this, I just swore, threw something, and not knowing what to do, keyed in 90210. Ended up having to go in and prepay because this fcking pathetic world we live in has it so they can't even front me $25 worth of gas!

Wish US card payment systems weren't still 15 years behind ours.....chip cards, tap for transactions under $100, insert and PIN for larger ones.

20. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

If you go to nll.com and click the link for NLL TV in the top nav, it opens a new tab with nll.com in it.

Why can't this league get out of its own way???? :mad:

RockStar likes this.