NLL TV selling subscriptions for 2019 season

Discussion in 'NLL News and Rumors' started by TofuBomb, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

I don't feel like spending $2500/month on a hotel when my mortgage is $450.
    I could get an apartment for around the same that I am spending now, but then I am locked into a lease. With a hotel and the good rate I get (which does include a room with a fridge sans freezer and a microwave), it is like "Friends With Housing Benefits"; we can stop our "housing relationship" at any point - no strings attached - yet it isn't costing me as much as a real "housing relationship" of an apartment nor the amount for a "housing prostitute" like Residence Inn or other long-term hotels are.

2. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

I thought you said you got 800$ a week per diem
    That’s why I said a resistance inn type place

3. TofuBomb

TofuBomb Guest

I checked the NLL TV app the other day, and the draft still wasn't there. Really wish the league could be more clear about its plans.

4. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Yeah, I do get $800/week per diem (*); but I am also otherwise underpaid salary-wise. Otherwise, they'd hire someone local who doesn't need per diem. So, it's a bit of a give and take.

(*) Technically, it's $160 per workday. Last week, I worked only one day and this week two days, so over that 2-week period, that is only $480... BEFORE taxes.

5. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

If I was gonna live in a hotel I'd want to live in a Hyatt Hotel.

When you live in a hotel, do you pay them on weekly basis? Monthly? I hope they don't make you wait until the day you checkout cause that's gonna be quite a hefty bill :eek:

6. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

I pay weekly generally. However, I've been staying here for almost 6 years except when I am home. So, my "Vin Rate" is a daily rate and they bill me by the day. But, again, I usually just do Sunday-thru-Saturday stays. I pay on Sunday morning (and tell them to "charge my card now") for that week. So, for example, this Sunday around Noon, I will renew my room for another week. They know I will do that so they already make my reservation for me so my room is not given away. I get paid every Friday so that works out well. So, with my rate of $42.99+15% tax, the weekly bill is $346.08. Basically, $1500/month but ALL UTILITIES ARE INCLUDED + Maid Service and no need to buy duplicate infrastructure. A studio apartment here would run me at least $1200/month + utils and, in the long winter in the northeast, heating is expensive.

7. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

When I first started in the hospitality industry over a decade ago, I started at an Econo Lodge. We actually had 3 live-in residents. The they had all been there between 8-12 years, and all said it was easier to just have a place where there is one bill, and one bill only. Regular rates at this dump were around $70 a night, but they were all paying $30 a night. Same as you, we would just run their cards once a week.

8. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

Welfare hotel?

9. AmericanRockFan

I live on a bicycle.

10. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

And I live in a van down by the river

11. BigDave

BigDave Active Member

I miss Chris Farley.

12. AmericanRockFan

I told a Tinder date that I hoped she had a big trunk for me to put my bike in.