NLL TV selling subscriptions for 2019 season

Discussion in 'NLL News and Rumors' started by TofuBomb, Sep 19, 2018.

1. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Let’s just start our own ******* league.

RockStar likes this.
  2. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

that must be thr improved online presence that Nicky Sak was talking about.

like, seriously, a student chapter at a third rate community college is run more professionally than this place sometimes

3. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker Active Member

Now when you try to purchase the NLL Monthly Pass on BRLive you're greeted with a "This event is not available for purchase at this time. Please try again later." message. How odd since it was working fine yesterday.

Way to grow the game NLL. You never ******* learn.

RockStar likes this.
  4. RockStar

NLL - day late and a dollar short since 1998.

5. AmericanRockFan

Crazy to think how it felt like the NLL was on the verge of huge things in 2005 when games were broadcast on NBC. In hindsight, that was the peak and glory days of this league. I hate to sound like a cynical and crotchety chap, but I do feel sorry for new fans who didn’t experience the days of 1999-2006ish. To me, those were *the* years to be an NLL fan.

6. liveone

liveone Member

Trying to limit the refunds they have to issue when they cancel the season in 2 weeks?

7. RockStar

it's funny to reflect and realize that having Jennings at the helm was the high point.

I actually think he came closer than anyone before or since to actually making this sport almost major. in some ways I feel he was a victim of circumstance and bad luck/ timing as well.

8. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker Active Member

Sounds about right. It would figure the first time I get season tickets to support my local team the season gets cancelled. (probably)

9. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

I think we're still a number of weeks away from the NLL cancelling the entire season. The rumor from Steve Bermel was that the date to come to an agreement for the season to go as scheduled is sometime between Nov. 10-15. And probably for every week after that if there's no agreement in place, another week gets lopped off the schedule.

The target to cancel the season outright could be as late as Jan. 1 where they could still have a season but chop it down it 8-10 weeks and re-write the schedule. The question is how deep do the players want to dig in to risk losing an entire season.

10. AmericanRockFan

This. The players already have other jobs, so it's not like other sports where most of them are rich enough to be able to afford a year-long sabbatical to fight for their perspective.

11. RockStar

I think many of the elite players will lose a sizeable chunk of dollars.

I think many of the journeymen will lose a nifty bit of pocket money.

More than the money, the one thing that they are all losing is opportunity. Your body only gives you so many years where you have the potential to be a senior men's pro athlete.

A strike or lockout takes one of those years away from you.....and maybe torpedoes a few fledgling and struggling franchises, so, when the dust settles, there are fewer jobs to go around.

12. BenMitchell

BenMitchell Member

Here is an email I got directly from the league regarding signing up for NLLTV---

Users can signup for a B/R Live account and then purchase the subscriptions they desire. The users who have purchased already will be ported in and sent an email with further directions ahead of the season. The platform is currently rolling our in Canada and the same process will follow.

https://live.bleacherreport.com

Thanks,

NLL

13. BlackWolves99

BlackWolves99 Member

NLL TV Also now will direct you straight to the main page. Seems like it is B/R Live or nothing for coverage.