NLL vs MLL

Discussion in 'Other Lacrosse' started by Andrew GEA, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Andrew GEA

Andrew GEA Guest

Both 2016 champions, the rush and the outlaws don't have the same players on their teams.

Theoretically they could have an exhibition game between each other. Have one box game and one field game. See who's the better team.

I wish something like this could actually happen...

2. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

Have each team swap a goalie, and it could work.

Andrew GEA likes this.
  3. RockyMaivia

RockyMaivia Active Member

The Ardmore Aardvark made the long drive to an MLL game this evening and he has to say that he forgot how dull the MLL action can be. He says the NLL team would have the advantage in the hitting department but the MLL team would have the cardio and endurance advantage.

Aardvark da thinks this is a pretty swell idea if he does say so himself.

4. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

attendance in the mll this year is really brutal.

5. Andrew GEA

Andrew GEA Guest

I like that idea! I think the NLL would win just because they're so used to playing condensed

6. smurf666

smurf666 Guest

if they each spot the opponent a trained goalie, i think the NLL team wins the box game by a bigger margin than the MLL team wins the outdoor game.

then what? Aggregate score, with off league goals being weighted more?

7. RockyMaivia

Sumo wrestling contest. NLL goalie in gear versus an MLL goalie without gear.

smurf666 likes this.
  8. smurf666

smurf666 Guest

Ladder match between enforcers?

9. RockyMaivia

The Ardmore Aardvark is all for a Tables, Ladders, and Chairs match for lacrosse supremacy.

10. roadrunner

roadrunner Member

Not surprised. The game is too slow and boring. Audiences want action/hitting/fighting/scoring.

11. smurf666

smurf666 Guest

The game is fine, but, it's too nuanced and deliberate to attract folks from outside the lacrosse communities.

Box is an easier package to look at and figure out.

Think of it as marketing an AC/DC concert vs. marketing an orchestra doing Prokofiev's 3rd piano concerto. One is arguably not better than the other, but, quality aside, only one is going to fill an arena with 20K energetic fans.

12. RockyMaivia

The Ardmore Aardvark, as stated before, prefers the NLL to the MLL. But he will admit that after a while he did really enjoy the MLL game he attended this past weekend. Unfortunately, it took until after halftime when the score got a tad closer for his enjoyment to get maximized, unlike when he watches the NLL and it's constant non-stop enjoyment.

13. Andrew GEA

Andrew GEA Guest

I wanna see the MLL introduce cross check tackling ! Guys diving at each other more contact and no off side rules !

14. Andrew GEA

Andrew GEA Guest

I wanna see the MLL introduce cross check tackling ! Guys diving at each other more contact and no off side rules !

15. RockyMaivia

The Ardmore Aardvark wants to know if someone will get tackled a la Bill Goldberg under these rules?