NLLTV.com vs Roku/Apple TV

Discussion in 'NLL News and Rumors' started by BenMitchell, Dec 29, 2017.

1. BenMitchell

BenMitchell Member

I posted this on another thread but I thought this would get the bigger audience. For those of you who have watched games on both a streaming device and NLLTV.com, which method gets the better stream quality?

2. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

i will bet you a beer and a doughnut that the theoretical quality, in terms of resolution and speed, is the same.

beyond that, it depends on how badly your home network and hardware chokes on (poorly written debug-by-end-user) apps.

I generally watch through a browser on a decent sized PC monitor. it's some kind of an embedded html5 player, so, there is less for the developers to screw up. It's solid.....whenever i have had issues, they have been system wide issues.

i have run the HDMI out to the tv set, or Chromecast in the past, but, the limitations start getting more apparent on a larger screen

3. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

How so? That the picture gets grainy? I've never encountered more problems while watching via HDMI/TV setup than I have when I've had to watch on my laptop.

4. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

when the imperfections show up on a 46, 50, whatever they are 4x the size they are on a 24......

with that, i find it more difficult to focus on the game itself. Prefer to sit in my super stuffed office chair and watch closer on a fair sized pc monitor.

5. BenMitchell

BenMitchell Member

Does anybody watch NLLTV through Google Chromecast? I can't find the cast button on the video player. (If there even is one)

6. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

I don’t think it works for chrome cast