1. As of May 24, 2018 our Privacy Policy and User Agreement have been updated.
    Dismiss Notice

no need for the anaheim storm forum, they need to rename it...

Discussion in 'Anaheim Storm Forum' started by NLLStormCA, May 3, 2005.

1. NLLStormCA

NLLStormCA New Member

well it looks like the STORM are going to be moving North, no not canada, but Portland, home of the trailbazers, its 80 percent sure at this moment, hope everyone had a good time.
    BUT the ARROWHEAD POND(the worst group of people to ever TRY to run a team) wants to get a NEW team in anaheim, where they can run the team, I think the POND, and the OWNERS, should pull there heads out of there butts, and keep the STORM where they are, you wont see me at any of the games if anaheim gets a new team....(Ok you probably will) but this is so Stupid...the ARROWHEAD POND really messed up AGAIN!!

2. raphilly

raphilly New Member

Don't count your chickens before they're hatched ... the deal's not done yet, although I see no reason why it won't be.

And as for Arrowhead Pond "messing up," its only mistake was associating with the Storm ownership. Arrowhead Pond, remember, does not own the Anaheim Storm... a new team coming in would be Arrowhead Pond's to run AND reap the rewards from.

R.A.

3. scott15

scott15 New Member

Maybe i'm just having a brain fart, but why doesnt Arrowhead pond make an offer to buy the Storm??

4. raphilly

raphilly New Member

One would assume Arrowhead Pond *did* make an offer for the Storm, but wasn't the highest bidder.

R.A.

5. scott15

scott15 New Member

interesting. thanks RA.

6. NLLStormCA

NLLStormCA New Member

well the first thing is the POND doesnt want the STORM, there are alot of different owners for the Storm(but they all work as one) and they dont want to give up there rights to the team, cuz its THEIR team, if the POND wants a team they can go after one, but ANAHEIM wants the STORM no one else...

7. wordup!

wordup! New Member

I agree RA,
    There is talks that Portland will get a new team and Anaheim will remain here for 2006.
    I think there might be a split in the ownership groups with some going to portland and some staying in Socal. But, I think that Socal is going to take time as a small sport in the big "pond" of sports out here.
    We might see a split in the Rosters some of the players will go to Portland and some to Anaheim. But as RA had stated, we just don't know right now. We should have Chicago, Detroit, Hartford, NY, Boston, Atlanta, Dallas, and Portland if we are going to rush to judge on who is going to be a new team/move.

8. wordup!

wordup! New Member

are you local??? I"d love to bet you that the Storm Will be back in SOCAL and not to Portland.

9. MILLwasbetter

MILLwasbetter Active Member

if the storm is leaving to portland, why is anaheim selling season tix already for next yr?

If the pond wants a team, why dont they just keep the storm a team thats an up and coming contender, they improved dramatically in one year and have league dominate players like casey powell on it.
    it dosent make sense to take a step backward and win less games and spend more money to buy a new team when you have a decent team already. Just advertise them.(same problem the bandits have with no advertisements)
    instead of starting over with a team that will be horrible keep the storm and let portland buy the new team and let them start from scratch.

it makes sense both financially and in the win column, you figure the west would have 2 new expansion teams in portland and edmonton, the storm would notch a couple more wins.

10. Phoenix_Sting

Phoenix_Sting New Member

I could see a western division next year of:

Anaheim
    San Jose
    Arizona
    Portland

I think Anaheim could be very competitive in that division.

I think a "central" division would then be made up of Colorado, Calgary, Edmonton, Minnesota....and the rest of the teams would be in the East.

11. NLLStormCA

NLLStormCA New Member

well yea i'm local...and Sting, if the storm leave for portland there will not be a team in cali. they would not put a team back in anaheim, me and alot of other fans would personal hate the new team that comes in....and one your lil idea about the western division you forgot the Stealth...they wont leave SJ, they are doing ok

12. Phoenix_Sting

Phoenix_Sting New Member

I don't think I forgot the Stealth....

13. wordup!

wordup! New Member

but do you want to take that bet??

14. wordup!

wordup! New Member

it really looks like you never knew what you were talking about..... :rotfl:

15. NLLStormCA

NLLStormCA New Member

I'm glad I'm wrong, shoot, that means I have a team next year...I knew more then you did....I had one thing right....the ARROWHEAD POND CANT RUN A TEAM OR A SUCCESSFUL BUSINESS!!!

16. wordup!

wordup! New Member

really??? wow...there is more than just the pond people that were in on this.... If the ownership group works together, then they will do very well on the marketing and planing for 2006. But until they work as one team they will look like they do......
    if the pond did run it on their own it would be totally different.....yet if the pond people are not running the team this year- it means that they will be the LA Storm and playing out of the Great western forum.

17. NLLStormCA

NLLStormCA New Member

Hey Word Up, do you even now how much the Pond marketed the team?? or for that fact the mighty ducks, they were never into marketing, they dont want to put money out there...this season since they are stayin in Anaheim there is alot less the pond does own, looks like the pond will be losin out again...and dude LA is never gettin a NLL team, the forum sucks, and the staples center already has like 5 teams there...

18. wordup!

wordup! New Member

yes I do know....and they are not the best in marketing.....does not mean that they are bad...
    and yes they could move to LA.....deal with it....you are not in the know....