offseason need - figure out what is going on with kirk

Discussion in 'New England Black Wolves Forum' started by dougm, Jun 18, 2017.

1. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

no question that the blackwolves need to get kirk back into the groove he displayed two winters back. he has been a frustrating talent since his beginnings with the swarm. he has yet to string back to back seasons and the last thing a team needs is an inconsistent 'keeper.

2. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

they need to overhaul the D

3. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

their defense is now in Atlanta - ranagan & white. plus jack o' trades hall.

4. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

I saw Kirk play Saturday night in Brampton. He 12 goals on 60 shots. He looked good on some and foolish on others.

5. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

See I can live with 12
    He was just extremely frustrating to watch the second half of the season and playoff with consistency and getting pulled

6. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

he just seemed out of it -- injury or confidence?

7. smurf666

smurf666 Guest

12 on 60 in OLA (smaller nets, more tolerance of abuse-by-defensemen) is solid, but, it's not quite the same as going 0.800 in NLL.

8. WingsNut423566

WingsNut423566 Active Member

9. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

.....and just like that, traded with a 2nd round pick to Edmonton for Aaron Bold, John Lafontaine, the 8th overall pick, and 2018 2nd rounder.....

10. unspoken

unspoken Member

:mad: Saskatchewan!!!

11. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

kirk was a mess last year. he and bold were like meh all season. but bold will see more rubber than he is used to. why all the throw ins to NBW seems quite a lot.

12. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

I reserved comment to be positive, but glad Kirk is gone, especially with the first rounder

13. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

The sad thing is I'm pretty sure I accidentally texted "Edmonton" to 2-3 people too.... :confused:

14. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Since Buffalo seems to be imploding, I think there could be some good pick-ups from there.

15. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

Maybe. The Bandits players available as UFAs have a lot of mileage on them. I don't think NE is hurting for veteran leadership so they don't need to fill that role.

I guess anyone not named Dhane Smith is on the table for a trade.....NE has #8 and #10 overall in the draft this year so Buffalo could try to land one of those picks if Chugger really wants to blow up the roster.