Oh! Cannabis.......

Discussion in 'Off-topic Forum' started by fandit, Oct 17, 2018.

1. fandit

fandit Active Member

Welcome to the first day of legal pot in Canada.
    Interesting to see what happens.
    [​IMG]

2. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

Weed is so hipster
    All the cool kids are slinging heroin

fandit and RockStar like this.
  3. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

In our area coke is in right now. It's mainstream.

4. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Back in 2011, one of the managers at work asked me a weird question. He said "ARF, you're right out of college, you probably know the answer to this question." Being the young whipper snapper I am/was, I figured I was about to get asked a question about academia. But I was wrong.

"ARF, which is easier to obtain these days? Pot or heroin?"

":confused:o_O" was my internal response before I mumbled out ".....I'm really not the person to ask about this. I'd guess pot?"

"I think it's heroin," responded the manager.

":confused:o_O" was again my internal response, as I wondered why the manager asked me such an interesting question. "I'm not sure. No one in my social circle uses drugs, or at least if they are it's not something we all just openly discuss" I honestly replied.

Apparently, according to a friend with "sources," it sounds like the answer varies depending on where you live and how much money you have.

5. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

A nation with weed
    Is a nation indeed!
    31j+N5NNa2L._SX425_.jpg

fandit, Hollywood42 and wacklax like this.
  6. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

LSD was big in this area a little while ago. Heroin took the life of a family friend two years ago. A rescue squad in Levittown has a sign out front saying they responded to over 200 ODs, with 20 deaths in the last year. So I would say heroin seems pretty easy to get.

7. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

It's still going to be a few months before you can walk into a store in Ontario and buy it. I think online is the only way to get it right now. The interesting thing is that people are allowed to grow up to 4 plants of their own.

8. Hollywood42

Heroin is readily accessible on pretty much every block in wildwood

9. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Right now, downtown Toronto has more "illegal" "medical marijuana" dispensaries than it does locations of the biggest pizza chain......for what I hear, few if any of them check to see your "prescription" for "treatment" for your "lower back pain".

In this sense, you can just walk into a store and buy it today.

The only legal source, other than the established medical supply networks, is an online store operated by the government.

Real, licensed stores are set to open April next year.

So, since you are allowed to grow your own plants and possess the harvest, the "duty paid" sticker on the legitimately sourced product is completely meaningless, so, I have not really figured out why any user would change their present supply network for the legal one.............:D

On that note, it's 420, maybe I should go blaze!

10. AmericanRockFan

Doesn't shock me. I remember walking down Bremner before a Jays game in 2012 with a couple friends and one lit up a joint as we were walking to the SkyDome and didn't give a single ****....and neither did anyone else, including the cops :p

On a positive note, at least I won't have to worry about explaining why I smell like weed when I cross back into the US now.
    (Disclaimer: I won't be the one smoking it in Canada, I"ll just be hanging out with people who can smoke it legally now)

11. swami24

On a Flyers MB someone asked if this could affect players, it turns out that the NHl has a relaxed weed policy. Does the NLL?

12. RockStar

The NHL is progressive in terms of not worrying much about personal life stuff that doesn't matter to hockey. still, though, if a criminal charge for possession ever stuck, that could ruin a player's career.

13. Hollywood42

Can’t imagine the nll cares
    Iannucci used to reak of it at wings post game parties

14. Hollywood42

Heroin is 50$ a bundle it’s cheap because it’s stepped on so many times and cut before hitting the street

15. AmericanRockFan

I think the NHL already said it won’t change their drug policy.

16. swami24

Yeah, they arent. They have had to worry more about stimulants. There used to be stories about guys taking a ton of sudafed to get amped up, especially the goons.

17. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

O Canada!
    Our home and weed-filled land!
    True patriot love, with joints in every hand.

With glowing smoke, we see thee toke,
    The True North strong and high!
    From far and wide,
    O Canada, we're stoned up to the sky.

God keep our land toasted and free!
    O Canada, we'll smoke a jay for thee.
    O Canada, we'll smoke a jay for thee!

fandit likes this.
  18. RockStar

fact in junior hockey, dont know about higher levels....... I thought NHLers would have enough money for better chemistry

19. RockStar

no idea what the going rate is around here, but, the number of junk zombies in some neighbourhoods is depressing.

the crack hoods near where I used to live, downtown east, have been seriously gentrified....I dont even recognize the area any more.

20. swami24