Ominous foreboding or...

Discussion in 'NLL News and Rumors' started by BigDave, Jun 2, 2018.

1. BigDave

BigDave Active Member

...the fix was in?

Anyone notice the way they hyped the fact on the broadcast at the beginning of the game that game #3 would be played next Sat., even though if Sask won there would be no game #3? I mentioned this to my wife who was watching with me.

They didn't have any qualifiers, just a statement of fact.

Hmmmm, very suspicious...:rolleyes:

2. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

Well, the Rush did dress Dan Dawson and Mark Matthews looked disinterested in banging around. Maybe they just caught the Rush on an off night?

3. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

You guys are the third and fourth people I've heard say this tonight.... I don't think there was any fix, Vinc played out of his mind and was why the Hawks won.

Don't forget too, the Knighthawks won both regular season games against the Rush too and have now taken 3 of 4 this season.

4. BigDave

BigDave Active Member

And there was a 2nd shooter at the grassy knoll. :D

Vin likes this.
  5. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

withers was his usual self but hossack, just not enough words can describe him.

6. Gravedigger

Gravedigger Member

I don't think people realize just how useless Dan Dawson is. Of course there were other reasons the Rush lost, namely Matthews losing his cool and Vinc having the best game of his career, but no player kills a team's momentum quite like Dan Dawson. The Rush are 3-3 when dressing this bum and 14-2 without him. The Knighthawks too are 2-6 with him and 11-4 without him. There is no coincidence whatsoever that the Rush and Knighthawks look like a Calgary Roughnecks and Vancouver Stealth caliber team respectively with Dawson in the lineup. He's just that bad at lacrosse. The eye test confirms this. He's too slow to do anything with the ball and honestly just looks clueless out there. He single handedly kills off the shot clock because even trash defenders like Billy Dee Smith and Greg Harnett can pressure him as he spends a century trying to find a pass he'll usually botch. He literally can't get himself into an open shooting lane ever and managed to make even Eric Penney look like an NLL caliber goalie. He's complete worthless off ball and has no idea what to do to enable his teammates (or is too slow to do it, who can tell?). Heck he even manages to negatively affect his team on defense pretty much every shift, seemingly allergic to the term "hustle" and always getting to the bench late either leaving a defender out of position or giving the opposing team an odd man rush. He also might be the worst forward in the NLL in terms of battling for loose balls, not only will he rarely ever be in position in the first place due to his nonexistent speed, even when the ball miraculously bounces near his useless self, he doesn't even try to contest it. He is, by a light year, the single worst player to play on the Rush since 2013 (John Lafontaine before he learned how to play defense properly). What a waste of a 2nd round pick. He should retire.

7. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

Did Dawson **** your wife or something??

He has 1308 points over a 16 year career
    You have my head spinning right now

8. Gravedigger

Gravedigger Member

What he did in the first 15 years is Hall of Fame caliber. What he did this year was turn a 2-6 team into an 11-4 team just by leaving, while simultaneously turning a team that's 14-2 team without him into a 3-3 team with him. If you were watching his teams with and without him, it's night and day. I mean this guy managed to make Billy Dee Smith and Ian Llord look NLL caliber.

9. Hollywood42

Rochester was 10-8 don’t paint the picture they were some elite team
    The east is pretty mediocre

10. Gravedigger

Gravedigger Member

Rochester was 2-6 with Dawson in the lineup and 8-2 without him in the lineup. That's just a fact. The eye test confirms they were significantly better post-Dawson and the Rush were significantly worse with Dawson in the lineup.

11. Hollywood42

So we are going to just ignore the 15 points he had when they did jump out to a 2-0 season start
    Got it clearly it’s all his fault they then lost 6 in a row

12. Gravedigger

Gravedigger Member

And followed it up with the 11 points in 6 games he had, along with 12 points in 6 games in Saskatchewan, after despite a relatively high usage rate still. Dawson's poor play was absolutely a huge factor in Rochester losing 6 in a row, to suggest otherwise is absurd. There's a reason why Rochester benched him and went 8-2 afterwards in the regular season and got to the NLL championship at 10-2.

13. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

To you, Wayne Gretzky didn't play enough defense.

14. chuckster

I don't think there's anyone here and likely there isn't anyone who follows the game who is not here that thinks Dan Dawson is the player he once was. You can make the case in words all you want but what he did on the floor this year shows that the game is passing him by. A Hall of Famer for sure.

15. MILLwasbetter

MILLwasbetter Well-Known Member

My math isn't great, but in an 18 game season, how do you go from 2-6 to 11-4? That would put them at 13-10 overall.

16. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Playoffs included?

17. chuckster

10-8 in the regular season plus 3-2 in the playoffs puts them at.......13-10.

18. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

I would not be surprised if DDD announces his retirement within a year.

19. chuckster

He will likely know his future by November when camps open and the season starts.

20. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

He would be a great guy to be on an expansion team for one year, and serve a specific role, but impart his knowledge to all the players.