only 2,000 season tickets have been sold

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Wings Forum' started by BenMitchell, Apr 23, 2018.

1. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

It is well documented that they can flip to the Sixers in that time.

2. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

They can, but it takes longer. The Sixers (or Villanova) have to play 8pm games when that happens.

I guess now that they're good, they'll actually be playing more nationally televised 8pm games anyway.

3. swami24

Wings can play at 8 after a 3pm flyers game, which hoops cannot. But I didn't see any of them.

4. Wings-4-Life

Those were always entertaining. If you got there right when the gates opened they'd still only be about halfway done with laying the turf.

5. swami24

And the late hanging crowd in the cigar bar would look and wonder, whom the heck are these guys.

Can't scheduke a game after a possible playoff date though, since they have no defined end.

6. JSap

JSap Administrator

Me either - hopefully they just haven't all gone out yet...

7. swami24

I did get a customized wings Jersey mailer as invite to buy season tix. About 8 in high flip card with the wings Jersey front, schedule and tix price on the inside. The back of the Jersey had my name. I am guessing they sent this to all Flyers STH and didnt cross match. It is a very eye catching ad mailer.

8. swami24

Probably going alphabetical, so.we get.ours in August:rolleyes:

9. Wings-4-Life

My last name starts with a W and I already got mine. :p

10. RockyMaivia

RockyMaivia Active Member

I LOVE LAYING THE TURF.

11. Wings-4-Life

The club boxes are officially open!!! Well, some of them.

I had to move to the other side (puke) but I'm back! Club box 1, row 1, seats 1 & 2. It pays to call early.

RockStar likes this.
  12. swami24

Traitor

RockStar likes this.
  13. Wings-4-Life

I know! They only opened boxes 24, 1, and 2. Which I assumed would happen since that will make the stadium look more full from the broadcast angle.

14. swami24

Makes perfect sense as.you explained it.

15. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

Looks like I had a good guess there is no way NE Georgia or Vancouver top Rochester. That puts the Wings already in striking distance of the top half of the league season ticket sales wise. How many more season ticket holders can Toronto have than Rochester? I would put Toronto in the low 4k

16. Wings-4-Life

The Wings had a small surge when the club boxes opened. Just under 3,300 as of last week. I think it's an outstanding number, and I assume they'll get another small chunk when the schedule is released.