OPENING NIGHT

Discussion in 'Rochester Knighthawks Forum' started by k-hawksfan33, Dec 9, 2017.

1. k-hawksfan33

k-hawksfan33 Well-Known Member

The home opener is upon us and JAMMER IS BACK. Let's hear some predictions. Person with the most correct answers wins a Facebook account so they don't have to post on this deadbeat forum anymore

1. Winner
    2. Score
    3. First goal of the season
    4. Attendance
    5. # of Billy Dee Smith penalties (scratched is also a valid answer)
    6. Intro Video Song

2. k-hawksfan33

I'll start:

1. Knighthawks of course
    2. 14-12
    3. DDD
    4. 6,800
    5. 2
    6. Walk on Water- Thirty Seconds to Mars

3. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Roughnecks.
    15-8.
    Jamieson.
    Believer by Imagine Dragons.

4. k-hawksfan33

Wow... This would be about as bad as it gets.

5. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Missed the thread when it was still time to post, but, damned if only one team knew the game started at 730pm.

Wondering if this is the year Malawsky finally gets the axe.

6. WingsNut423566

WingsNut423566 Active Member

7. k-hawksfan33

Great game for the Hawks. Congrats on the savagely low spot on attendance prediction AmericanRockFan. I would be more worried if attendance wasn't down around the whole league this week. Hopefully it gets back to normal as the regular season start date approaches.

A couple random thoughts:
    - Love having Withers on Face-offs. He immediately became a difference maker and thats what everyone hopes to get out of a top 3 draft pick.
    - Fannel has a lot of potential. Unfortunately he didn't bury a few good opportunities. But he had a few nice set ups and looked pretty comfortable out there.
    - With how good the whole team looked I wonder how long it will be until Austin Shanks gets his chance. I'm sure he'll get an opportunity sooner or later.
    - Crowd kinda sucked TBH. Can't wait for Hawks v Bandits on the 23rd. I honestly think it will have more of an "opening night" feel. This weekend was a precursor.
    - Billy Dee looks way better than I ever remember him looking in Banditland. Hope he can keep it up.
    - This might be the most unselfish offense ever assembled. With Cody seemingly taking it a little easy (none of the aggressive style of play we've seen in the past) this offense is completely unreliant on any single player. If everyone can chip in a little bit I really like our chances.

Overall a great start to the season!

8. GoKHawksGo

GoKHawksGo Active Member

Complete domination in every aspect...can't remember the last time they played that well.

If there are no significant injuries this team should be pretty fun to watch. Jackson, Currier, Resetarits, Fannell are all very athletic...this looks like the quickest team we've seen in a while.

Give credit to Mike Accursi and Marshall Abrams, they had their respective units well prepared from the start

9. UncleBenny

UncleBenny Member

Anyone know what's up with them not showing anything other than game time on the main scoreboard this weekend? No scores, shots on goals, or penalties. Also seemed like they no longer had the ability to overlay things over the crowd shots during stoppages in play like they used to. My only thought was this has something to do with them trying to make their online stream quality better, just hoping these were all issues they can figure out for next game and isn't a season long thing. Looks super bush league to only be using the end scoreboards for all that stuff where there is an obvious place on the jumbotron where the information should be and had been forever.

10. AmericanRockFan

Thanks! :D

What was the pre-game video intro song?

11. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

withers had to impress anyone. my Geoff Snider comparison is not far off, kid is going to keep the Khawks in the game with possessions. Frank Resatartis looks like he is going to be a 30 goal getter this winter.

12. KHawkChick

KHawkChick Member

They did upgrade all of their equipment to be able to stream the game better. Unfortunately something happened with the scoreboard that the software had to be redownloaded and programmed again in order to capture everything that was needed for the game. They weren't made aware of the problem until closer to game time so it couldn't get done during the game. They should have it all fixed and taken care of by the next game. This is coming from some of the staff at the arena.

13. k-hawksfan33

Didn't recognize it unfortunately

Frank Resetarits hasn't been in the NLL this decade. You thinking of Joe Resetarits

14. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

Just pulled up the replay to get an answer, but since this is the NLL, the replay has no sound. :rolleyes:

RockStar likes this.
  15. UncleBenny

UncleBenny Member

That's what I was hoping, I could kind of tell even being at the game that the stream being show in-arena was better than the quality from previous years, so was just hoping it was growing pains from trying to improve their online streaming, thanks for the update.

16. MrWilson

MrWilson Member

I was watching the stream from Florida and the quality was better than last year.

17. k-hawksfan33

Looks like were finally gonna see a good crowd tomorrow! 4 losses in a row don't bother me, I'm as hype as ever.

LETS GO HAWKSSSSSSSSSSS
    %*^$ BUFFALO

18. k-hawksfan33

Honestly I just miss the days people used to trash talk on these forums :(. I wouldn't love nothing more than if a few Bandit's fans came on here and roasted the absolute **** outta me right now

RockStar likes this.
  19. AmericanRockFan

I miss the days of when you were practically guaranteed for pages of trash talking on here after a game. Usually it would consist of someone saying a fan of the other team cheap shotted and jumped their friend in the hallway or on the stairway leading into the arena.

20. k-hawksfan33

Where u at TheBearded?

RockStar likes this.