Our Good Luck Charm?

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Wings Forum' started by sassygrl72, Mar 18, 2002.

1. sassygrl72

sassygrl72 Active Member

First, I want to start by apoligizing if I massacre her name....

But has anyone else noticed that last year Laura Lee sang the national anthem all last season and we won the championship? This season, she isn't around so much...and well....need I say more?

The Flyers had Kate Smith.

2. snoopy

snoopy New Member

i believe i only saw her once this year and what was up with her hair i think it was purple?

3. sassygrl72

sassygrl72 Active Member

I think that this past weekend was the third time....but yes, it was purple the last time. We spent last season watching it get lighter and then this seaon it gets longer and changes color everytime she shows up! :p

4. DelcoDave

DelcoDave New Member

she belts the anthem out better than anyone. in my opinion.

i'd be curious to see the correlation to laura's singing and our winning.

5. scott15

scott15 New Member

Man, I could watch her sing all day and all nite long. Not only a great voice but what a hottie! Laura Lee Taraskus is her full name and she should sing the anthem at every Wings game!

6. eliukfan35

eliukfan35 New Member

Personally, I think Laura Lea does a fantastic job. I would love to see her sing at every Wings home game, like last season. Gotta tell ya, I was disappointed when I didn't see her as much.

Her hair looks awesome. Normally I hate that whole funky-color thing but it actually looks good. Not to mention, she's incredibly gorgeous.

7. Roxysnowboards

Roxysnowboards New Member

I think that Laura has a great voice, when she's the one who sings The National Anthem, I get the goose bumps.

8. Fantasmic

Fantasmic New Member

Laura Lee and the SSB

I think you are right - when Laura Lee sings the SSB, the Wings
    win ! Those other two that we've had this year really murtleize it - especially the tall one with the big nose. UGH !

Does anyone remember the girl who was like 10 years old ?
    Gagliardi (?) WOW !

9. LaxDiva

LaxDiva New Member

Laura Lee has only sung twice. :( The other time was when the Wings played Rochester. We won that one, too, so I think you're on to something here. She's really cool.

I was wondering if she also sang at Phantoms games and if that is why her hair was purple?

10. JSap

JSap Administrator

Fantasmic - that was Erica Gagliardi (I'm not sure of the spelling, and I'm sure she isn't related to John Gagliardi!) that sang the anthem a few times for the Wings - she used to do the anthem quite a bit for the Flyers back in those days... I'm not sure what ever happened to her. Speaking of not knowing what happened to someone, how about Katie Toner Drake, who did the anthem for 3 or 4 years during our 23 game home winning streak from 93-97... I'd love to have her back for a big game sometime!

11. editor

editor New Member

Amen JSap....

I was thinking the same thing.

Where's Katie?!?!

Longest home winning streak in Wings (if not Philly) history, (and she's not bad to look at either! :D )

BTW, this takes nothing away from Laura L. either, I was just thinking of the old days... *sigh*

12. KGD22

KGD22 New Member

Im glad you guys noticed this also. The second that I heard her name said by the PA announcer I clapped and knew the Wings would win. I noticed before that every game she sang at last season the Wings pulled it out. I also rememeber her singing once this season and the Wings winning, so immediately I thought we were in good shape. Let's just hope they are smart enough to bring her back this weekend.

13. I'm coming back for the home opener to sing God Bless America. I can not WAIT to be back at a Wings game in Philly!

If you don't have tickets yet, you can get them here (https://groupmatics.events/event/Katiedrake) for just $15 up until December 7. See you there!

Go Wings!

Katie Toner Drake

14. JSap

JSap Administrator

It only took 16 more years! Welcome back Katie!

15. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

holly crap it's jsap

RockStar likes this.
  16. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

Let's see who else comes back!

A curmudgeon may.