Pet peeves

Discussion in 'Off-topic Forum' started by some guy, Feb 10, 2003.

1. some guy

some guy New Member

Got any?

Here's one of mine.
    The over protected goalies. Not only do they wear to much equipment but your not supposed to go into their little circle and it's also a no-no to hit them when they come out of it.

Here's a non-lax peeve.
    I'm a courier so I don't like other cars on the road when I'm working. Especially if they have: grey hair; can't see over the top of the steering wheel; are on their cell phone...

2. Fabio gump

Fabio gump Active Member

here's mine

People who don't use the "off-topic" forum to post useless dirbble.

3. dropyourgloves

dropyourgloves New Member

people who use their thumb to push food onto a fork...

4. sassygrl72

sassygrl72 Active Member

People who don't take their shopping cart to the "cart return area", instead leaving it in between parking spots.

Along the same line, people who take the cart to "cart return", but don't bother to give it the extra push over the little bar that makes sure that it doesn't roll back into the parking lot, smacking into someone's car!

People who don't understand the the left lane is for PASSING, not for cruising along blocking up traffic.

And people who FLY out of a side street, parking lot, or driveway just to go like 5 miles under the speed limit. Especially bothersome when there is no one behind me. You were in such a rush to get in front of me, but not a rush to get where you are going, you could have f-ing waiting!!!

I'll be back. Give me a few minutes to think of some more.

5. Hooligan

Hooligan Average Joe Millionaire

My one and only Pet Peeve....IDIOTS! I hate stupid people. You know, those idiots who can't use the VERY CLEARLY MARKED left hand turn lane to make a left turn. Those MORONS who drive 20 miles an hour slower in the rain, in the fast lane. Those ____heads who get all pissy when you try and pass them because they're doing 20 miles an hour slower in the rain in the fast lane, by going fast enough to match your speed so you can't pass. Those are the same people who do NOT return the shopping cart to the store or cart return. Those are the same people who bring a whole shopping cart to the 10 items or less line. Those are the same people who try to buy a pack of gum with a credit card. Those are the same people who give the finger to the camera at lacrosse games. Those are the same people who post in other team's forums and pick fights. Those are....

...you know what, I think you get the point!:D

6. some guy

some guy New Member

Geez.
    I guess the fact that I didn't say "lacrosse" goalies in my post makes this "off-topic".
    Fabs, I'm glad you pointed this out to me (and the moderator too?)
    Now that I think of it, it musta went over his head too.
    Oh well. I guess it's stuck down here in the "useless dirbble" forum.

(edit)
    Doh!
    Forgot to put in another peeve.
    The directors at Sportnet!
    When I am watching a LACROSSE game, I don't need: a replay while the game continues; to see a player sitting on the bench while the game continues; a close up of someone picking themselves up off the floor while the game continues... I need to see the game as it continues!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2003
  7. Fantasmic

Fantasmic New Member

1] People who buy a car/vehicle solely because it's a "status" symbol: Lexus (made by Nissan), Acura (made by Honda), Jeep Cherokee; and people who buy a model of vehicle because it's a "status" symbol: Expedition, Lexus SUV, BMW X5, Hummer H2, etc.

2] People, usually with said status symbol, who think they are above the law and blow through STOP signs and red lights.

3] People who upon entering the supermarket, STOP just inside the entrance to look at their food list, thereby blocking other people from entering the store.

4] People who start writing the check out for a pack of gum (thanks for the reminder PhairiG!) or their small pile of groceries, AFTER the cashier tells them the total.

5] People who take an extra 5 minutes to search every nook and cranny for the 4 pennies they need at the cash register, yet they are holding a handful of $20 bills.

6] People who think it's okay to add an extra 6 + items in the 10 items or less line at the supermarket.

7] People who absolutely must put that damn plastic separator between your items and theirs - even though you created a two foot space between their stuff and yours.

8] People who are too f'ing lazy to park their damn car, and block the fire lane in front of the supermarket or other store "just for 5 minutes." Usually because of #1 and #2 above.

9] People who think they are more important that you are (usually because they are driving a Lexus or Acura).

10] People who when driving said status symbol SUV, drive like they are on eggshells, because they are afraid of driving in the snow. Hey, I slow down too, but driving at 10 mph is needlessly SLOW. If you are so afraid of driving in the snow, get the f'k off the road, or stay the f'k home.

11] People who think they are driving a semi-tractor-trailer and have to swing LEFT to make a RIGHT turn. Your car isn't any bigger than they were 20 years ago, and I dont' see a trailer, nor a 5th wheel on your Lexus, so keep your car in your own lane and not mine, thank you.

Don't worry, I'll think of more. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2003
  8. sassygrl72

sassygrl72 Active Member

I think you have serious car issues. :rotfl: You know, it is possible that people buy those cars because they think that they are good cars (no, I do not have any of the above mentioned).

Anyway, I TOTALLY agree with the people that stop right inside the grocery store entrance. I HATE THAT!!!
    :mad:

I don't see the issue with the plastic separator. Just because there is two feet after your purchase doesn't mean that is enough room to really start unloading. The plastic separator allows the person behind you to use most of that two feet. I would rather say that that I am annoyed by people that DON'T make room on the belt, don't put the separator out for the next person, instead spreading their stuff out all along the belt.

I also HATE people who can't start bagging their groceries when there is a HUGE line behind them on a busy busy day, instead waiting for the whole purchase to be rung up, and then the cashier to bag it all for them.

As you can see, the grocery store is the source of many of my complaints.

9. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Well-Known Member

I drive a lot (65 km (~40 miles) each way to work), so most of mine are driving-related. The standard "driving in the passing lane" has been mentioned, and only slighly less annoying are people who drive in the MIDDLE lane of a 3-lane highway, when the right lane is empty. I guess they figure the right lane is the "slow" lane, and the middle lane is the "driving" lane. I disagree, but even if that's the case, if people are passing you on the right and the left, exactly who is going slower than you?

I've had mornings where I get in the RIGHT lane, hit the cruise at around 110, then just sit in that lane for ages, passing 20 or 30 cars driving in the middle lane. I just don't get it.

Another big one is people who speed up when you try to pass them, then once you have passed them, they slow down to their previous speed again.

10. Fantasmic

Fantasmic New Member

Sassy, you need to get to the grocery store really early in the morning before the wackos get to the store and wait for you to arrive. :rotfl:

Ok, well what I mean about the seperator is that I don't use the separator, but the person in front of me will slam it down in a huff - then I laugh out loud. I understand the space issue. I was carrying a gallon of milk once and a few other things that were heavy, and the guy in front of me didn't use the full width of the belt.

I agree about the bagging issue. Also why can't the cashier in the express line scan the groceries and bag them at the same time ?? It's supposed to be EXPRESS, right ?

How about a fast food joint ? You're the only one in line, order your food, and they tell you it's going to be a 5 minute wait ?!?!

11. sassygrl72

sassygrl72 Active Member

Okay, in America, on a 3 lane road, the farthest right lane is supposed to be the "merging" lane, while the farthest left lane is the "passing" lane, there by leaving the middle lane for actual driving.

I have another driving one....people who feel the need to pass me only to fill the empty space between me and the car in front of me (called "the proper amount of space between cars"). They aren't getting anywhere, they are just mad that I wouldn't drive up the ass of the person in front of me.

Oh oh oh....people who drive up my ass....so close that I can't see the front of thier car.

OH, and inchers....people who have to keep inching up at a stop light until they are either in the way of traffic, or make it hard for a person making a left turn.

But getting back to the whole "people who speed up when you try to pass them, then once you have passed them, they slow down to their previous speed again" thing....I did so this once to this bimbo who was trying to just fill in the space in front of me. I screwed with her for miles, speeding when she wanted to pass, going slow when there was traffic or no-passing lane, and then when it was finally totally clear, I passed the two cars in front of me.

The bimbo (in a jeep) caught up with me at the light. I was going straight, she was turning left, she looked over to glare at me, and I just shot her the BIGGEST **** eating grin that you ever did see. :D

12. Fantasmic

Fantasmic New Member

I also hate the people who for some reason want to speed (I mean FLY!), but don't want to be in the far LEFT lane. So what do they do ? They cruise the far RIGHT lane, and weave in and out of the middle lane. And what do they do? They are overtaking a really slow person in the right lane, and end up cutting you off in the middle lane, so they don't have to slow down. I learned that the hard way, so now I speed up when I see some arsehole trying to do that. :D

13. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Well-Known Member

I agree it's the merging lane, so you have to be careful when you're approaching an on-ramp, and move over to the middle lane if you have to. But if you've got 5 or 10 miles between on-ramps, there's no point in having a "merging" lane and I'd argue that it should be the driving lane.

I drove in Britain a couple of years ago, and noticed that drivers were very good about sitting in the left-most lane unless passing, in which case they moved over, passed, and moved back. People in the middle and right-most lanes were also more courteous about letting people in when you did get to an on-ramp, so moving over to let the people on the highway was rarely a problem.

14. Fantasmic

Fantasmic New Member

Unfortunately, in the Philadelphia area, many of the roads are so congested, that it's virtually impossible to use the right lane (on a 3 lane interstate) as the merging lane - there is not 5 to 10 miles between on ramps, unless it's the PA or NJ turnpikes. Another problem is that people do not want to constantly shift lanes to avoid other people merging.

15. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

gperrow>

From what I remember from Driver's Education (yes, I can remember back that far), the idea of drving in the (or one of) the middle lanes is to provide yourself with multiple options in case something happens in front of you.

16. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Well-Known Member

Yes, I guess I'm used to my drive, which is on a far less congested part of the 401. Through Toronto, the 401 is very heavily travelled (apparently it takes 9 times the amount of traffic it was originally designed to take), and there are exits every km or two, so in that kind of case, I'd agree that switching between the right lane and middle lane every 10 seconds would be silly. If the roads are congested enough, then all bets are off on which lane is which.

I still think that in general, if people are passing you on the right AND left, MOVE OVER. With possible exceptions for bumper-to-bumper traffic and driving right in the heart of downtown where there are exits every 1/2 mile.

17. JohnnyMogul

JohnnyMogul Active Member

I only have one

People! (You know who you are!)

18. sassygrl72

sassygrl72 Active Member

I don't know how much of Europe you have been through (I have been in France, Germany, Spain, Portugal, and England), but the Europeans understand how the laws of the road work, and are very courteous to each other.

Whenever I hear people talk about what maniacs they are in Europe, I just have to laugh because at least they are all on the same page with lanes, passing signals, and rules. More than likely, it was the American who is b*tching that screwed everyone else up and caused all the problems!

Another pet peeve from the roadways....people who "block the box."

19. Any1forDoomsday

Any1forDoomsday New Member

thinks that **** me off......i don't even know where to begin....

1) people who when you pass them get so angry they start doing 100 just to pass you.
    2) people who when it snows only clear off seeing room on their front windshield(you are supposed to clean off the entire Damn CAR!!!)
    3) telemarketers.
    4) people who don't ever think before they speak
    5) people who get mad that it is your turn to go in the traffic pattern and flip you off.
    6) people who start riding up my ass.( i just start hitting my brakes randomly, wait for them to switch lanes to pass me, then speed up and not let them..rinse and repeat.)
    7) strippers....Yes! I have a problem with Strippers.
    8)people who tell you you are allowed to give your opinion but when you do they get all pissed at you for it.
    9) people who don't say god bless you or anything else when someone sneezes.
    10) people who don't excuse themselves when they burp.
    11) people who think they are automatically better or smarter then i am cause they graduated from college and i did not.

thats it for now.....

20. JohnnyMogul

JohnnyMogul Active Member

see... you started every sentence with the same word...